PDA

View Full Version : Categories Of Contributors

Myxinikela
03-14-2010, 10:59 AM
Just curious. Moderator and Banned I understand, but what is the difference among Guide, Scout, Tinder Gatherer, etc; and why is faol who is an originator listed as Guest?

Trekon86
03-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Haha. Faol deleted himself from the board a while ago, accidentally. So all his older posts pre-a certain date are listed under "guest."

There really are no difference between the ranks. It's just a way to create cohesion I guess haha. Some of our "tinder gatherers" are 60 year old veterans and woods bums, and some of our Scouts and Guides etc. are sporadic weekend dayhikers with not much bushy or campcrafty experience.

A lot of boards are really nasty about it. We try not to be even when people deserve it lol. :rolleyes:

Don't worry overmuch about it. It's just a way to mark post count haha...
PMZ

GreyOne
03-14-2010, 12:03 PM
This is the last list I saw on the user titles:
Tinder Gatherer- 0
Tracker- 100
Scout- 250
Guide- 1000
Bushwhacker- 2500
Bushmaster- 5000
Elder- 7500

I would note that in addition to being a Super Moderator, Trekon is our only "Elder" to date < VBG >.

As he has said, these titles reflect post count, which may be a way to quickly gauge someones participation on the board, but not much else. Supporters now have the ability to use custom titles as well.
If it all seems confusing, just remember that we pretty much don't care if you are a tenderfoot or an elder, as long as you are here to share our love of bushcraft ! :)

swamprat
03-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Amen to what G1 said.

Old Philosopher
06-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Any remote possibility of coming up with something other than "bushwhacker" for the user title in that category? :) I mean, bushwhacker seems so...so...nefarious! :D I can think of several connotations of the term, and none of them are very complimentary. :p
Just askin'.....

GreyOne
06-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Any remote possibility of coming up with something other than "bushwhacker" for the user title in that category? :) I mean, bushwhacker seems so...so...nefarious! :D I can think of several connotations of the term, and none of them are very complimentary. :p
Just askin'.....

I suspect you have at one time or another gone "bushwhacking" from one road or drainage to another, even if that is not the term you used.
It is an old term whose modern equivalent might be "off roading" as far as intent.

It is at times used with the connotations of ambush or outlawry, but those are variant usages derived from it's earlier meaning of "whacking your way through the bushes".

Old Philosopher
06-11-2010, 08:35 PM
LOL! Oh, yeah...
I guess it's appropriate, though, because that is my wife's main complaint when we're out and about.
"I'm not goin' THAT way! I didn't come out here to go bushwhackin' with you!"
I never was one to "walk the path most traveled". Hahaha.

Myxinikela
06-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Don't forget bushwhacking, besides off trail travel, is what the bad guy shooting at the good guy from concealment in the Oaters does.

Iz
06-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Don't forget bushwhacking, besides off trail travel, is what the bad guy shooting at the good guy from concealment in the Oaters does.

Or even a good guy shooting at a bad guy.
Like this guy shooting at yankees.
http://shs.umsystem.edu/famousmissourians/folklegends/james/images/d1_0234221.jpg
Iz

Sgt. Mac
06-13-2010, 04:10 PM
Lol yea all, dont forget Bloody Bill. Rock on Iz

BEARS BUDDY
08-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Just askin'.....

Another site I joined uses the terms "Geezer" and "GIT"(Geezer-in-Training):D

Sgt. Mac
08-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Just a quick update on this. We now have three Elders:D

Old Philosopher
08-05-2010, 03:06 PM
I'm getting used to Bushwhacker....it fits.

supersloth
08-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Elder- 7500......More like addict!!:p

Sgt. Mac
08-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Hi every one. My names Mac and I'm a BCUSA addict. Where's the coffe?

Guy
08-05-2010, 04:30 PM

Its over by the guns, knives and copy of the Constitution.

Old Philosopher
08-05-2010, 04:30 PM

It's over there by my wood gas stove and Mora, under the hammock. Don't burn your lip on the kuksa. ;)

Summit
08-05-2010, 04:35 PM

How about a beer instead... :D Man, I'm such an enabler.

Jason
08-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Just askin'.....

If you think bushwhacker is bad you should have seen the special title we had in place during the early days that lasted for only 50 posts. Trekon was the first to achieve it, Mac was the only one to be proud of it. :D

Old Philosopher
08-05-2010, 05:29 PM
If you think bushwhacker is bad you should have seen the special title we had in place during the early days that lasted for only 50 posts. Trekon was the first to achieve it, Mac was the only one to be proud of it. :D
I'm afraid to ask........ :p

Sgt. Mac
08-05-2010, 05:29 PM

Thats cuz I'm a sick twisted f#*k lol:p I held the honorary title of Master Baiter

Old Philosopher
08-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Now I know why I was afraid to ask... :cool: