PDA

View Full Version : Download Area Quirk

Volkar
04-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Hello Moderators...

I've noticed a weird "goings-on" while trying to enter the downloads area.

I run a program called "Peer Guardian" for privacy reasons while my torrent program is running. I've noticed that I have problems getting to the download area here when Peer Guardian is active. When I click on the Downloads link, I get a 404 error (Sorry, Page doesn't exist). While scratching my head trying to figure out why, I disabled PG and lo and behold, the Downloads link works.

Is there a cookie or something that's required to enter the downloads area??

Thanx for listening.

Vol

Guy
04-30-2010, 03:09 PM
Hello Moderators...

I've noticed a weird "goings-on" while trying to enter the downloads area.

I run a program called "Peer Guardian" for privacy reasons while my torrent program is running. I've noticed that I have problems getting to the download area here when Peer Guardian is active. When I click on the Downloads link, I get a 404 error (Sorry, Page doesn't exist). While scratching my head trying to figure out why, I disabled PG and lo and behold, the Downloads link works.

Is there a cookie or something that's required to enter the downloads area??

Thanx for listening.

Vol

I am not sure if there is a cookie being used, but it is possible, since it limits how quickly you can download files, which is there to prevent bots from doing so.

If you click on Downloads from the Portal page (www.bushcraftusa.com), you will get the 404 error. If you are getting it from the forum subdirectory (www.bushcraftusa.com/forum) then it could be the cookie thing.

Peer Guardian is a good program. I used it for years.