PDA

View Full Version : Post teller

hog
05-09-2010, 09:40 AM
Is there any chance we can have a notifier to say if you have posted on a thread or not, some kind of notification along side the thread, some threads which are longer and older are ressurected.
Would be great to see at a glance how many times you have answered a particular thread.

Guy
05-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Is there any chance we can have a notifier to say if you have posted on a thread or not, some kind of notification along side the thread, some threads which are longer and older are ressurected.
Would be great to see at a glance how many times you have answered a particular thread.

I have not heard of a mod or add-on that would allow that, but if you know of one, or have seen one on another board, please let me know.

Iz
05-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Hog,
I don't know if this helps or not but there'll be a little arrow thingy on the folder next to the thread if you posted in it. It doesn't tell you how many times you've replied to it though.
You may already know that so forgive me if I've been redundant.
Iz

Spork
05-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Sometimes in order to find the threads I've posted in, I'll look at my subscribed threads. The forum settings apparently does this by default.

Go to User CP > Subscribed Threads > List Subscriptions

John, the baptist
05-09-2010, 11:28 AM
You can look through your own statistics...

IamLegend
05-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Why does it say tracker under my username? Why do some threads have stars attached? And what does bump mean? Sorry been meaning to ask for a while:)

hog
05-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Thanks Gents, just trying to cut down the constant searching , I know you can check your own stats, there was a site that tells you , will see if I can find it again.

hog
05-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Why does it say tracker under my username? Why do some threads have stars attached? And what does bump mean? Sorry been meaning to ask for a while:)

Tracker- your status depending on the number of posts made.
Stars- ratings of how good or imformative a post is.
Bump- a shameless way of keeping either your own thread or a friends thread at the top of the list for max viewing.;);)

GreyOne
05-09-2010, 03:08 PM
If you hover your pointer over the icon at the left margin of a thread menu page, where the little arrow indicates you have posted, a pop up will appear and tell you "You have 4 posts in this thread" or something to that effect.
Hope that helps.

Iz
05-09-2010, 11:23 PM
If you hover your pointer over the icon at the left margin of a thread menu page, where the little arrow indicates you have posted, a pop up will appear and tell you "You have 4 posts in this thread" or something to that effect.
Hope that helps.

Ha! Cool, I didn't know that.
Thanks, G1.
Iz

hog
05-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Grey One, thanks for that, I did not know that was there.

GreyOne
05-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Amazing what you can discover at 0 dark thirty when you have nothing better to do < VBG >..
Glad I figured out something worthwhile ! :) :)