View Full Version : Do I want a Condor Kukri or the Golok?

06-22-2010, 01:17 AM
I watched some youtube vids of the golok and it looks pretty decent. I also like looks of the kukri but I haven't found any reviews on it.

Does the kukri have the same thick blade like the golok?

Anybody have both and which do you recommend?

Which ever I get would be used for camping and when not in use would stay in my truck for emergency. Currently I keep an axe and 12" Ontario in my truck. The 12" Ontario would go in my wife's car for emergency and the new Condor in my truck.

06-22-2010, 03:24 AM
While I can't speak for the Kukri, I can say you will not be disappointed with the golok.

06-22-2010, 12:37 PM
I have the condor kukri machete. It is 1/8" thick. Came pretty sharp, but the fit of the handle scales was terrible. Its an OK chopper but I think the kukri blade design needs more thickness to be effective. It seems to hold its edge well after chop'n some dead oak. But I had to take a dremel with a sanding drum to the exposed tang to grind it flush with the wood scales. In short I would say I prefer my $6 tramontia bolo to the the kukri from Condor.

06-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Thanks Rom, that's good feedback. In that case I'll probably just keep my Ontario machete.

Mtnfolk Mike
06-22-2010, 03:37 PM
i recently scored a Condor Golok and the thing is bad a$$.. i love it..the handle is solid and comfortable.. it came pretty darn sharp too... i was surprised.. :)

06-23-2010, 07:56 PM
I have both I've been working with. Definitely prefer the Golok to the Kukri. Kuk is neat, but Golok seems all around more useful to me.