PDA

View Full Version : Do I want a Condor Kukri or the Golok?

CaliforniaCanuck
06-22-2010, 12:17 AM
I watched some youtube vids of the golok and it looks pretty decent. I also like looks of the kukri but I haven't found any reviews on it.

Does the kukri have the same thick blade like the golok?

Anybody have both and which do you recommend?

Which ever I get would be used for camping and when not in use would stay in my truck for emergency. Currently I keep an axe and 12" Ontario in my truck. The 12" Ontario would go in my wife's car for emergency and the new Condor in my truck.

Thanks,
CaliforniaCanuck

nwmanitou
06-22-2010, 02:24 AM
While I can't speak for the Kukri, I can say you will not be disappointed with the golok.

romsisel
06-22-2010, 11:37 AM
I have the condor kukri machete. It is 1/8" thick. Came pretty sharp, but the fit of the handle scales was terrible. Its an OK chopper but I think the kukri blade design needs more thickness to be effective. It seems to hold its edge well after chop'n some dead oak. But I had to take a dremel with a sanding drum to the exposed tang to grind it flush with the wood scales. In short I would say I prefer my $6 tramontia bolo to the the kukri from Condor.

CaliforniaCanuck
06-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Thanks Rom, that's good feedback. In that case I'll probably just keep my Ontario machete.

Mtnfolk Mike
06-22-2010, 02:37 PM
i recently scored a Condor Golok and the thing is bad a$$.. i love it..the handle is solid and comfortable.. it came pretty darn sharp too... i was surprised.. :)

tstetz
06-23-2010, 06:56 PM
I have both I've been working with. Definitely prefer the Golok to the Kukri. Kuk is neat, but Golok seems all around more useful to me.