PDA

View Full Version : eco-hawk

leaf and lightning
07-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Found this online (http://www.equinoxcoronado.com/hawks/ECO%20HAWK%20DETAILS.html) ... seemed interesting... I'm considering making one to toss in my bag... any thoughts

Keyser Söze
07-08-2010, 04:28 PM
you gonna cut yourself and your bag up, with that

Nerual the Mad
07-08-2010, 04:34 PM
I try not to get taken in by gizmos and gadgets but, that does look cool.

leaf and lightning
07-08-2010, 04:36 PM
you gonna cut yourself and your bag up, with that

It would have a sheath, obviously...maybe two sheaths, one for each end... and I think it could tweaked a bit to make it a bit more useful...

Sgt. Mac
07-08-2010, 04:39 PM
IMHO it looks rather taticool, but to each their own

ROCK6
07-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Vec put some thought into it and for what it is, it's pretty nifty. It works as a minimalist type kit that serves as a "odd" sharp edge-knife, but can also be used as an axe/hawk or digging tool after improvising a handle. I'll admit, it's not for everyone, but it's fun to play with. I need to get some Kydex pants for it as I don't care to have it flopping in a pouch.

ROCK6

trentu
07-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Give me a CS Trailhawk or Rifleman's hawk anyday!:D;)

ROCK6
07-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Give me a CS Trailhawk or Rifleman's hawk anyday!:D;)

That's where Vector started...making CS Trailhawks with synthetic handles that are bomb-proof. CS may have some controversial marketing, but they've done some things quite well and their hawks are actually very effective for the price!

ROCK6

nickosnow
07-08-2010, 09:19 PM
It does look very tacti-cool. Well thought up. I'll stick with the knife and axe combo that I have now... but I'd love to see this eco hawk in use.

Trekon86
07-08-2010, 10:12 PM
It looks like it'd be a better weapon than a viable woodcutting tool.
Not that hawks are the best option for woodcutting:rolleyes::D

Not hating on hawks...I'm a hawk lover meself. Just pointing out that as a hawk...that's a fail!
PMZ

walkabout
07-08-2010, 10:12 PM
I would have to drill out a quater inch hole in a shaft that has been hafted, then another quarter inch hole thru the center of the hawk to make it meet my standards, dont get me wrong its a cool concept! but i would be better served with a slip head hawk any day of the week for strength and durabilty!

sash
07-09-2010, 08:20 AM
Scores decently high on the cool factor. However, I think I'd rather just carry a regular ax or hawk head. Given that you can cut with either, and you still have to find a handle for either, it would be nicer to have a head that is more secure.