PDA

View Full Version : Merchant links

RC_Girl
03-14-2009, 02:03 PM
It'd be really cool if there was some way to have links to where you can buy things, similar to how MySpace lets you post what you're reading, and clicking on it takes you right to its Amazon page. Someone could get some decent scratch from that, too, and perhaps use it to defray costs on the forum, if any, or to contribute to local meet ups or something. Whatever. :)

Jason
03-14-2009, 02:06 PM
There will be a storefront eventually where merchants can place ads.

reverendCPA
03-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Are these going to be merchants within our community, I would hate to see the forum spotted with adds for products non of us care about.

GreyOne
03-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Having seen the spamming in some forums by merchant driveby trolls, I am sure Koa and Faol will have the merchant store filled rather selectively. <G>

Jason
03-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Are these going to be merchants within our community, I would hate to see the forum spotted with adds for products non of us care about.

I don't think companies not related to outdoor activities will be interested in purchasing a storefront in this forum, it just wouldn't make sense. And they will have their own place, not scurrying about the main forums.

Faol
03-14-2009, 07:52 PM
It will be an actual storefront that members will be able to sale their wares through. At this time we are not even considering outside advertisers with their banner ads, nor Google's Adsense. I don't want to program that crap anyway.

It will probably be stores(or storefront).bushcraftusa.com, or bushcraftusa.com/stores (or storefront). Everyone that wants to sell their goods will be able to do so, regardless of whether you make it yourself, or are reselling it.

I am more inclined to do this since it will index on search engines, which should bring buyers that aren't necessarily from the board.