PDA

View Full Version : "KRJ" Forged Patch knife and striker?

jackjack
09-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Hey guys, just picked this up at the gun and knife show in West Palm. I dont know anything about it except that it looks like a striker and a knife combination, but not sure, can someone tell me what I have?

It has "KRJ" stamped in the side up by the blade, the best hit I get from the web talks about KRJ Tomahawks.

madmax
09-12-2010, 05:30 PM
That's pretty neat. I'll be interested to see what hits you get on it.

Matthew D G
09-12-2010, 05:33 PM
I've seen them called many things, blacksmith knives, striker (as in flint strike) knives, viking knives, patch knives, and they are just a simple (and really fun to make) knife. Could be a used as a flint striker, just have to try it out. Don't have anything to say about the stamp, most likly the makers initials

Once the weather cools off here I'm gona start forging some of those lol

jackjack
09-13-2010, 08:32 AM
I've seen them called many things, blacksmith knives, striker (as in flint strike) knives, viking knives, patch knives, and they are just a simple (and really fun to make) knife. Could be a used as a flint striker, just have to try it out. Don't have anything to say about the stamp, most likly the makers initials

Once the weather cools off here I'm gona start forging some of those lol

Thanks, wish I could take it traveling with me, but its a no fly item. the steel is very hard, not at all easy to take an edge, however I'd assume from this that it would be mostly a striker, the blade is functional, and I WILL get an edge on it. I like the hardness, I want to try flint and steel.

Mtnfolk Mike
09-13-2010, 08:48 AM
that's pretty cool.. nice score... i have always liked thise striker/knives.

Sgt. Mac
09-13-2010, 09:54 AM
Cool find Jack

jackjack
09-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Cool find Jack

Its in my pocket right now, kinda comforting to have something forged in your pocket ya know?

ThePunisher
09-13-2010, 07:34 PM
Now, I'm not sure, but I think I remember this guy saying he marked his hawks with "KRJ", kinda looks like his hawk too. http://www.greatriverforge.com/index.php?main_page=index

AlteredMentalStatus
09-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Nice score brother