PDA

View Full Version : Nothing to do with bushcraft- Guns of Navarone

lowcard1
09-13-2010, 07:08 PM
How many of you middle age guys had this when you was a kid? I know this has nothing to do with bushcraft and I will take it down later just wanted to see who had one.These was the heros of my childhood.:42:

Sgt. Mac
09-13-2010, 07:12 PM
I remember that lol

stevetexas
09-13-2010, 07:13 PM
I had the book by Alistair MacLean, and the Movie was great too.

Never saw the toy though.

Arrowolf
09-13-2010, 07:38 PM
I have it on DVD.

rattlesnake_wrangler
09-13-2010, 07:57 PM
How many of you middle age guys had this when you was a kid? I know this has nothing to do with bushcraft and I will take it down later just wanted to see who had one.These was the heros of my childhood.:42:

I had one of them forgot how old i am thanks for sharing wish i still had it ohh the good ol days.

madmax
09-13-2010, 07:59 PM
Oh yah. I had tons of "army men" played war all the time. Good movie too.

Eddie
09-13-2010, 08:04 PM
I've seen the movie numerous times...but I never new there was a play set for it.

Mr.Black
09-13-2010, 08:04 PM
I was sick alot as a little kid so I had about every dang marx kit that came out to keep me busy,good thing if you got fort Apache,The Castle,CAPE KENNEDY/Canaveral? or anything Marx you go outside and get in the dirt ,I re-collected a lot of those originals and a couple re-issues for my boys but Nintendo had control of their minds.I still have the coveted 'Jeep driver' guy, Marx toy reissues did not include that guy cause the lost the molds...Wow thanks for the memory.
Take care
M/BK
the detail on that Marx stuff was amazing!btw

Abe Elias
09-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Oh wish I had one that wasn't played with I bet they are worth a pretty penny.

Panzer
09-13-2010, 08:46 PM
I had one of course!

walkabout
09-13-2010, 08:46 PM
That brings back so many memories of hours playing in the dirt! its a damn shame toys like this are frowned upon these days, i also had fort apache as well!
im not going to lie! if one of these playsets were in front of me right now, you can bet your sweet ass i would be playing with it!

lowcard1
09-13-2010, 08:50 PM
I was sick alot as a little kid so I had about every dang marx kit that came out to keep me busy,good thing if you got fort Apache,The Castle,CAPE KENNEDY/Canaveral? or anything Marx you go outside and get in the dirt ,I re-collected a lot of those originals and a couple re-issues for my boys but Nintendo had control of their minds.I still have the coveted 'Jeep driver' guy, Marx toy reissues did not include that guy cause the lost the molds...Wow thanks for the memory.
Take care
M/BK
the detail on that Marx stuff was amazing!btw

I got a few of the driver guys ,marx made the best toy soldiers killed alot of those damn nazis with some of the green good guys.:)

lowcard1
09-13-2010, 08:56 PM
That brings back so many memories of hours playing in the dirt! its a damn shame toys like this are frowned upon these days, i also had fort apache as well!
im not going to lie! if one of these playsets were in front of me right now, you can bet your sweet ass i would be playing with it!

I did for a little bit. I got it out for my 4 year old son but his little sisters was going to brake it so I had to put it back up :42:

Cascade Man
09-13-2010, 09:22 PM
My cousins had one. Fun times.....

Trekon86
09-13-2010, 09:28 PM
LMAO!
I have the book, it's a good one.
Don't think I've ever seen the toy OR the movie:)
PMZ

Taliesin
09-13-2010, 09:41 PM
I had one! I had several of their play sets. I'd get together with the kid that lived behind me and we'd have MASSIVE battles with our play sets!

After that we'd break out the GI Joes. I had the Headquarters and the helicopter and he had the jeep with the cannon and trailer and the space capsule! And of course we had extra GI Joes along with just about every accessory ever made for them. If we weren't doing that, we were playing war with all our buddies in the subdivision. We were a violent bunch back in the day! :D

BTW that set had to have come out in 71 or 72. Amazing that there is anything left of it!

One more thing. I think there were 6 of us that played with this stuff all the time. Only two of us went into the military. One in the navy and me into the Army. Don't see any of them anymore.

lowcard1
09-13-2010, 09:46 PM
I had one! I had several of their play sets. I'd get together with the kid that lived behind me and we'd have MASSIVE battles with our play sets!

After that we'd break out the GI Joes. I had the Headquarters and the helicopter and he had the jeep with the cannon and trailer and the space capsule! And of course we had extra GI Joes along with just about every accessory ever made for them. If we weren't doing that, we were playing war with all our buddies in the subdivision. We were a violent bunch back in the day! :D

BTW that set had to have come out in 71 or 72. Amazing that there is anything left of it!

One more thing. I think there were 6 of us that played with this stuff all the time. Only two of us went into the military. One in the navy and me into the Army. Don't see any of them anymore.

I all so had a GI Joe jeep and it had a trailer with a big spot light in the back of it.GI Joes was the bomb.

OrionN49
09-14-2010, 08:33 AM
I never had the toy set but I've read the book over and over. Force 10, too.

Jon Foster
09-16-2010, 08:55 PM
I don't think I ever knew about the toy but the movie was a staple flick in our house.

Jon.

romsisel
09-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Never seen the toy before but the movie.... great story and great cast

TNRat
09-16-2010, 10:35 PM
You mean I'm middle aged?!?!

:43::22::confused::42: