PDA

View Full Version : Chat box?

sbkittrell
04-27-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm a computer moron, so this probably isn't feasible, but a chat box would be great here. I used to chat with some of you guys on Paltalk, but my computer got a virus or something from it so I deleted it. Of course it's easy for me to sit here on my fat ass and make suggestions without doing any of the work, so I may be talking out of turn, but I'd really like to chat real time with with some of you guys.

Ripmyfly
04-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Chat boxes are like coconut, you either love it or hate it.... no middle ground. I like coconut. :)

Jason
04-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Faol and I have discussed a chat box before. We both agreed not to have a chat box because we wanted all dialog to be recorded for everyone to read. We would hate to have good information lost because it was not posted in the forum where it could be archived and searched. Of course this takes away from the interactive social aspect of a chatbox but we feel the pros will outweigh the cons.

rik_uk3
04-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Sb, you can set up skype easy enough and talk to one or more people at a time, you can even video chat one on one. The beauty of skype is that you don't have to answer if you don't want.

I talk to several American stove collectors using skype and a load of friends and family scattered across the globe. You have to grant permission to someone before they can call you too.

I'm

rikinwales

sbkittrell
04-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Thanks Rik, I'll check it out. Yep, that makes sense Koa. Thanks.

Trekon86
04-27-2009, 10:06 PM
SB, I also have Skype if you ever want to chat.
I will PM you my username if interested:)
PMZ

Sgt. Mac
04-28-2009, 04:45 PM
That is a great idea Rik

Eagle
04-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Is "Roger Wilco" still up? Was a good free internet audio party line back in the day/ no sign up/ the first guy posted the host address then anybody who wanted to could join in.

Leif
04-28-2009, 05:39 PM
Faol and I have discussed a chat box before. We both agreed not to have a chat box because we wanted all dialog to be recorded for everyone to read. We would hate to have good information lost because it was not posted in the forum where it could be archived and searched. Of course this takes away from the interactive social aspect of a chatbox but we feel the pros will outweigh the cons.

I see your point. However all the ones I have been on are almost purely hot air. haha