PDA

View Full Version : Amazon.com or Abebooks.com Kickbacks for BushcraftUSA

BillCr
12-06-2010, 01:32 AM
I've heard that Amazon.com gives kickbacks or commissions of some sort if a person buys a book from them if linked to your site. This might be another good revenue stream for BushcraftUSA if members opted to have a mod put the link up here before they bought it. Members could be encouraged to link through the forum before making a book purchase.

When I buy a book from Amazon, I would be sure to click the link here somewhere to make sure that BushcraftUSA got the commission kickback.

I know we got alot of avid readers on the forum and it may add up to a pretty penny to help offset costs.

Just a suggestion,

Bill C

rpilthea
12-06-2010, 01:41 AM
good to know!

tennecedar
12-06-2010, 08:26 AM
I hope we keep enough subscribing members to avoid advertising. This is the only forum I've been on that doesn't have banners wanting you to spend money and you're a winner pop-ups.

If it meant not having to deal with that kind of stuff, I'd double my subscription price for the same amout of time. Or just plain donate. That's just my 2 tho.

Sgt. Mac
12-06-2010, 10:59 AM
I hope we keep enough subscribing members to avoid advertising. This is the only forum I've been on that doesn't have banners wanting you to spend money and you're a winner pop-ups.

If it meant not having to deal with that kind of stuff, I'd double my subscription price for the same amout of time. Or just plain donate. That's just my 2 tho.

+1 Roger that

Thehighwayman
12-06-2010, 11:04 AM
I would agree with Tennecedar and Sgt. Mac.

Kudos to Bill for trying to think outside the box though!

T Co
12-06-2010, 11:07 AM
There's goodsearch.com too. Never used it only heard of it

BillCr
12-06-2010, 11:34 AM
I hope we keep enough subscribing members to avoid advertising.

No advertising necessary, just a simple link to click on before you buy a book you were already planning on buying. No banners would be required nor "winner type pop up boxes". I don't like that monkey business neither.

Mad Russian
12-06-2010, 12:24 PM
I like that idea. I just bought three books from Amazon last week. :D

statikpunk
12-06-2010, 12:51 PM
I buy books from amazon all the time. sounds like a good idea.

solocanoe
12-06-2010, 02:00 PM
I buy books from amazon all the time. sounds like a good idea.

me too. I've never done it once though...bet I've ordered from Amazon 20 times in this year alone....never seen it. If this happens, there should be sticky made in case this thread gets buried.

and...I'll say this as I "lost" a forum I liked once - it went under for $$$ reasons...
if you like a place...if you get something out it...throwing a little coin at the site to keep it going... ain't gonna kill ya...and maybe give you a sense of pride and all....not banging here....just sayin'....