PDA

View Full Version : One fly pattern?

werewolf won
01-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Iíve been trading PMs with a fellow fly fisherman and we touched on single pattern fly fishing. Itís an interesting exercise. Most fly guys will have numerous boxes of fly patterns. But if you could only carry one pattern what would you select? And why? Iíll post my offering latter.
Wolf

anubis1335
01-12-2011, 11:54 AM
basic smalll top water popper.. either hair or cork. that brings meat to my table here and i could use it to survive off of. Cool exercise

wsdstan
01-12-2011, 11:58 AM
For dry fly fishing an Adams is hard to beat if you could just have one pattern.

If its wet fly or nymph fishing I would go with a Gold Ribbed Hare's Ear.

If I could only have one of the above it would be the Adams.

I have good results with these two patterns almost everywhere I have been and they are easy to tie in the field.

anubis1335
01-12-2011, 11:59 AM
i think i would go royal wolf pattern (i think tha tis the name) dry fly otherwise. Just cuz i really like the way that one looks. LOL. ive never used it..but it caught the biggest fish.. me. That is 99% of a successful pattern right? Catches the fisherman? :)

One Legged Josh
01-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Wooley bugger, no question about it. I named my last boat after this fly. It works on the drift, on the strip, on the swing. They just WORK! I have caught everything from pike to bluegill to carp and catfish on the bugger. I have them from size 16 all the way up to 2/0.
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk221/olj440/Bugger526.jpg

werewolf won
01-12-2011, 12:07 PM
i think i would go royal wolf pattern (i think tha tis the name) dry fly otherwise. Just cuz i really like the way that one looks. LOL. ive never used it..but it caught the biggest fish.. me. That is 99% of a successful pattern right? Catches the fisherman? :)

Thatís the Royal Wulff designed by Lee Wulff. Basicly a hair winged family of dry fly patterns. Among them my personal favorite the Werewulff.
Wolf

anubis1335
01-12-2011, 12:07 PM
those are great patterns too. i have loads as well. Also, the guy that ties flies for me came up w/ something he called a Chrome Dome. Basically a small bead either gold or silver used as the head and the body is made similarly to the WB... it looks like a jig when completed. Those things do well for crappie and other panfish... at least in my ponds.

anubis1335
01-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Thanks WWW

pic

http://www.danica.com/flytier/hmason/royal_wulff.jpg

LOVE IT

anubis1335
01-12-2011, 12:10 PM
I have one of these (smaller sized) that i tied a nymph that was pearl colored w/ copper wire around the abdomen (dont know pattern name) to the hook as a drop fly.

http://kent-klewein.com/georgia-fly-fishing-blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/basspopper2.jpg

Works awesome as well. Sometimes a small perch will hit the dropper...sometimes a big ol bass will nail the bee. LOVE IT AS WELL

Ripmyfly
01-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Ill second the wooley bugger. Any season, any species. Not my favorite pattern by any means, but if I could only have one.

solocanoe
01-12-2011, 12:15 PM
I'm sure my FFF card is at risk here :)- .....but whether we are talking survival situation or just raw numbers....the lowly san juan worm or the wooly bugger has to be given serious consideration.

Just for giggles I've tried using a sinking bully spider in all waters the past few years...it's about as non-traditional an attractor as you can get...but pike, bass, hybrids, and 'gills love it...what surprised me was the catfish, the carp, and the redfish that gobbled it up. (but a san juan worm would probably have worked too..to be fair)

san juan:
http://www.millersflyshop.com/servlet/the-269/San-Juan-Worm/Detail

Josh's pic of the wooly bugger is awesome - and the olive with some flash is a KILLER pattern!

and the infamous Wilson's bully spider:
http://www.millersflyshop.com/servlet/the-1145/13-dsh--Bully%27s-Bluegill-Spider/Detail

nice thread WW! post 'em up, guys n gals! :)

anubis1335
01-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Those lil worms get killed by bluegill at the ponds. just saying to bring some w/ ya if you ever come fishin w/ me ;)

madmax
01-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Here's a vote for the Clouser minnow. Lefty Kreh has caught 86 species on it. Sorry all you dry fly purists.:D

Adam B
01-12-2011, 12:32 PM
I'd go for the wooly bugger tied in white with a gold bead head. I've caught more fish on that fly than all others combined.

I tie it similar to this:
http://business.virgin.net/fly.shop/bugger-goldbeadheadwhite.html

If we're talking trout and dries, it'd be the CDC caddis as tied by Hans Weilenmann.
http://www.danica.com/flytier/hweilenmann/cdcelk.htm

All around topwater has got to be Jack Gartside's gurgler. Super versatile pattern!!!
http://www.jackgartside.com/step_gurgler.htm

One Legged Josh
01-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Here's a vote for the Clouser minnow. Lefty Kreh has caught 86 species on it. Sorry all you dry fly purists.:D

The local group of steelhead cannot say no to a clouser minnow, It is also responsible for my biggest smallmouth bass. Good call!
(Edited to say, this one went in the smoker, that why my finger is in his gill)
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk221/olj440/0202081527.jpg

booter
01-12-2011, 12:38 PM

I don't think I can honestly narrow it down to one pattern, here in the Sierras there is so much fishing pressure that sometimes pattern-effectiveness can change by the hour. BTW=Lefty Kreh could probably catch all 86 species of fish on a 'bent paperclip' the fish are so mesmerized by his casting techniques that they line-up to see whose turn it is to be caught next!

anubis1335
01-12-2011, 12:40 PM
NIce catch man! :eek:

werewolf won
01-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Jackson Hole has a one fly competition every year. Starting in the late 80ís and still running, the competitors must chose only one fly and fish it alone for the multiday tourney. The original winner in 86 was the Lime Trude. 1987 saw the Muddler Minnow win for itís first time (it of variations of it would win 5 times) 1988 found the Western Coachman winning. The Adams tied in the Wulff style won once, a rubber legged wooleybugger won once, as did the San Juan Worm. The streamer pattern called the Double Bunny won three years back to back to back. The pattern style that has dominated the most however would have to be the Chernobyl Ant and its variants taking the prize 7 times.
Lee Wulff, who fished the world, and was a notable fly pattern designer, said if he could only chose one pattern to fish anywhere he would chose the Muddler Minnow. High praise from the man who invented the wildly popular Wulff pattern flies among others. Lee also surprisingly ignored the killer Blonde patterns of Joe Brooks, and the Lefty Deceiver, Bob Clouserís Minnow as well as two of his personal favorites the Montreal #####, and Mickey Finn; the Chernobyl ant was not invented yet.
Iím an avid Czech Nymph fisher, and usually can dredge up a fish from a puddle with them. I tie the Lady Heather by Lafontaigne and have caught everywhere using it. I tie my own pattern a Werewolf, a down wing dry tied with wolf guard hair for the wing and tail and wolf under fur dubbed for the body. The Hornberg is a great New England pattern too. They can be tied as a dry, or a wet, or a streamer and have always produced well for me. However, if I had to pick only one it would have to be the Chernobyl ant. I think they hardly qualify as a fly, but the sure take a variety of fish.

This is my fresh water choice. Salt wise Iím a Joe Brooksí Irish Blonde fan.

Wolf

anubis1335
01-12-2011, 12:58 PM
Is htere a royal coachman as well www??? cuz maybe i like that one as well...

werewolf won
01-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Is htere a royal coachman as well www??? cuz maybe i like that one as well...

The Royal coachman is the fly Wulff patterned the Royal Wulff from. It's a feather winged tradition (old) fly pattern. Wulff felt the old english patterned fly did not stand up to pushy American waters and designed the hair wing Wulff fly to float higher and stand up to abuse better.
Wolf

anubis1335
01-12-2011, 01:04 PM
GOOD INFO!

This is the one i was originally thinking of. still dig the wulf but this is a nice looking fly to me

http://www.flytying.ca/images/dry%20fly/royal%20coachman%20fly.jpg

anubis1335
01-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Wulff's thinking was pretty much spot on when i compare the two. His WOULD hold up LOTS better.

leaf and lightning
01-12-2011, 01:10 PM
liking this thread so far... I have just started getting interested in fly fishing via tenkara... I like to minimize the amount of lures I take no matter how I am fishing, and this thread is defiantly gonna help me come up with a minimum number/types of flies to take...

madmax
01-12-2011, 01:13 PM
Yah. Good thread WW1!

solocanoe
01-12-2011, 01:29 PM
I'd encourage anyone to try it. (limiting yourself to one fly {or even a lure} for a day) Make your best call and then ya gotta leave the rest AT HOME before you head out!

Otherwise, you WILL be hiking (or paddling in my case) back to the vehicle or campsite.... oh yeah...I've done it! LOL!

With my history of huge tackle boxes (and liking 'em!) this sort of challenge has been BY FAR the toughest hurdle in my fishing life....not surprisingly...it's also been one of my most rewarding. :)

anubis1335
01-12-2011, 01:31 PM
it is really hard for me to use much more than a Mepps dress aglia #3 gold or a 1/16th oz crappie tube jig in red w/ chartreuse tails. I honestly have to make myself use other lures. If i just take either of those im in fish.

werewolf won
01-12-2011, 01:33 PM
liking this thread so far... I have just started getting interested in fly fishing via tenkara... I like to minimize the amount of lures I take no matter how I am fishing, and this thread is defiantly gonna help me come up with a minimum number/types of flies to take...

My take on Tenkara is that it is a dry fly game. Iíd build a little box of mayfly and caddis patterns. The Adams, Blue Wing Olives, elk hair caddis, pale morning duns, a few Wulffs. Should get you going nicely.
Wolf

Sandcut
01-12-2011, 01:41 PM
If I could only have one fly

size 8 wet fly hook
peacock herl tail
brown dubbing body
brown soft hackle

kinda like a plain, all brown flymph.

Simple, easy to tie, buggie-lookin' and effective.

VinWild
01-12-2011, 01:53 PM
All great flies; but as a professional fisherman; I would have to of lost everything I own an been left nothing but my fly rod and one fly !
Crazy talk of these guys using only one pattern. Float tubers I call them; they drag around one fly (trolling) in there tubes and can't even cast correctly; they just strip out line. At least they primarily use one consistently good pattern-The Wooly Bugger (streamer/leech immitation).
If I had to choose one-it would be in the top three wet patterns.
Next to a Hair's Ear (nymph) and Teeny Nymph (weighted and black in color).
-From The North Fork

Tor Helge
01-12-2011, 02:07 PM
I would most likely take along a Zulu or Invicta.
Why?
Because they work most of the time.

Tor

Yankeewoodsman
01-12-2011, 02:22 PM
I am always using a take on a royal wulff I came up with. Instead of the deer hair I use hackle feathers, and golden pheasant for the tail. Always works when nothing else will

anubis1335
01-12-2011, 02:22 PM
:confused: i have an invicta watch.. are there flies named that? Wait.. i get it now.. lol

leaf and lightning
01-12-2011, 02:36 PM
My take on Tenkara is that it is a dry fly game. Iíd build a little box of mayfly and caddis patterns. The Adams, Blue Wing Olives, elk hair caddis, pale morning duns, a few Wulffs. Should get you going nicely.
Wolf

I don't know.. I had pretty good luck with a mickey finn on my tenkara setup last fall... as far as dries, I took the recomendations of the guy at gander and got some some in of blue wing olive, Adams, and royal coachman patterns... sounds like he wasn't far off... and I found what I learned was an elk hair caddis in the stuck to a birds nest last summer, so I got one of them too...

ezra45
01-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Wooley Booger followed by an Adams. Hands down...unless I was forever fishing on the San Juan, then it would be a San Juan worm...

Regards,

ezra

Adam B
01-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Hey. How about a one fly swap?

I'd be up for it...

anubis1335
01-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Me too... but id have to grab my flies from the farmstead next time im down... ill put my name on "pause" until i go there.

rusty stove
01-12-2011, 03:21 PM
if limited to only one..make mine a mini bugger....size 14....white...lead wire wrap with red thread finish and red thread built up whip finish head coated with small bit of epoxy.

Wanderinghippy
01-12-2011, 03:21 PM
On my waters I'd choose the Seducer it's a simple pattern that I've had success on fishing everything from panfish to redfish. I like the idea of the clouser, are there any certain colors that would be chosen?

rusty stove
01-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Chartruse is a slammer on Lake Erie smallmouth bass....

RDROgers
01-12-2011, 03:25 PM
If I were to only use one fly, I guess it would have to be a Wooly Bugger. I tie them down to a size 18. A very versatile fly. Larger ones can imitate minnows or leeches, and the tiny ones can pass for nymphs. For a dry fly, I would probably take an ant or a beetle. They seem to work everywhere. My absolute favorite thing to do is swing a soft hackle like a partridge and orange, or a soft hackle hare's ear.

BoBo
01-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Wooley bugger i have too say is my go to fly. Anytime i am fishing a new stream or river regardless of the type of fish, it is the first thing i tye on. I have caught everything from Steelhead to rock bass on these things.

BoBo
01-12-2011, 03:27 PM

I'd be up for it...

Count me in

werewolf won
01-12-2011, 03:55 PM
I am always using a take on a royal wulff I came up with. Instead of the deer hair I use hackle feathers, and golden pheasant for the tail. Always works when nothing else will

I may be misunderstanding what your explaining but, that sounds like the original Royal Coachman.

Wolf

werewolf won
01-12-2011, 04:03 PM
All great flies; but as a professional fisherman; I would have to of lost everything I own an been left nothing but my fly rod and one fly !
Crazy talk of these guys using only one pattern. Float tubers I call them; they drag around one fly (trolling) in there tubes and can't even cast correctly; they just strip out line. At least they primarily use one consistently good pattern-The Wooly Bugger (streamer/leech immitation).
If I had to choose one-it would be in the top three wet patterns.
Next to a Hair's Ear (nymph) and Teeny Nymph (weighted and black in color).
-From The North Fork

Strickly just an excercise to waste away a few hours till opening day. I would not suggest anyone just taking a single fly to fish with, but it is fun to just use one pattern for a day every now and again.

The boys and girls at the Jackson Hole one fly competition are far from sandbaggers, and you just about have to wait for one to die to get a slot to fish that event.

Love your fly selection. Jim's nymphs are simple but effective, the hair's ear is no slouch either.
Wolf

mississippidave
01-12-2011, 04:20 PM
I love the Wilson bully fly....down here in these warm Mississippi waters it'll catch anything that swims. I took a bunch of trout in TN and CO with the same pattern...My buddies thought I was crazy....

Rubarb
01-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Black Gnat, ive had more trout (Brownies & Rainbows) on this pattern than the rest of my flies put together, both in still waters and on rivers

http://www.diptera.co.uk/patterns/b/images/black_gnat_hr.jpg

theboomboom
01-12-2011, 04:30 PM
I'd take the Royal wolf as a dry, San Juan worm as a nymph. Before '05 I would have said an RS2 but the fish just don't seem to hit on it like they did in my area before the Hayman fire...

werewolf won
01-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Black Gnat, ive had more trout (Brownies & Rainbows) on this pattern than the rest of my flies put together, both in still waters and on rivers

http://www.diptera.co.uk/patterns/b/images/black_gnat_hr.jpg

I'd have bet you would pick a traditional wet or a soft hackled pattern.
Wolf

celticfisherman
01-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Iíve been trading PMs with a fellow fly fisherman and we touched on single pattern fly fishing. Itís an interesting exercise. Most fly guys will have numerous boxes of fly patterns. But if you could only carry one pattern what would you select? And why? Iíll post my offering latter.
Wolf

To me it would be a royal wulff. Dry or wet. Big or little and you can add to it in the field easy. Catches everything.

Next to that I would agree with a wooly.

Rubarb
01-12-2011, 04:58 PM
I'd have bet you would pick a traditional wet or a soft hackled pattern.
Wolf

It's not all traditional though, i have been known to use a booby on reservoirs

http://cdn5.mattters.com/photos/photos/2039351/floozeyes.jpg

and dog food mixer biscuits for Carp off the surface - superb fun

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/shop_dev/assets/new_product_images/pedigree/5877.jpg

Fishrarr
01-12-2011, 05:25 PM
I mostly do a slow row troll on small lakes, and find that a black and green wolly works super in the spring. I'm up for the fly swap, that sounds like fun. Tom.

Ranger
01-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Another vote for the wooley bugger! I have caught just about everything around on them.

markhait
01-12-2011, 05:50 PM
A green and yellow cork popper. My dad and I have a friendly contest every Monday
in the summer time as to who can catch the most fish. Not all the time, but usually I can catch the most with this popper. He like white or red. Unfortunately, my last popper of this color is on its last leg. I can't find a replacement either. Might be a rough summer this year! :)

avtrucker
01-12-2011, 06:23 PM
I've generally done pretty well with a bead-head hare's ear.

Riverwalker
01-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Bead Head Prince Nymph

swamprat
01-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Add one more to the list for the Woolly Booger. I have caught everything from bluegill to trout on them.

The Hunter
01-12-2011, 07:28 PM
A nice yellow popper will catch them all :14:

rwleonard
01-12-2011, 07:32 PM
I always start with a chartruese over white clouser, and will not switch until I know for sure that I have put it in front of fish and they have rejected it.

Rick

SlayerOfBunnies
01-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Wooley bugger, no question about it. I named my last boat after this fly. It works on the drift, on the strip, on the swing. They just WORK! I have caught everything from pike to bluegill to carp and catfish on the bugger. I have them from size 16 all the way up to 2/0.
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk221/olj440/Bugger526.jpg

Yep - big time. Tie it in whatever color / size / number of lead wraps you need and the venerable Wooley Bugger will catch just about anything that swims. I'd rather throw #16 Adams to rising rainbows any day but dang, the Wooley Bugger is effective.

Heck, you can tie it on a dry fly hook with oversized marabu and it makes an ugly but effective dry fly.

Old Philosopher
01-13-2011, 12:40 AM
I've taken more trout on the Carrey Special than any other.

http://flytyingworld.com/images/products/medium/1252110556_dscs.jpg

Follow closely by the Black Gnat

http://www.flytying.ca/images/dry%20fly/black%20gnat%20fly.jpg

Adam B
01-13-2011, 09:40 AM
If I were to only use one fly, I guess it would have to be a Wooly Bugger. I tie them down to a size 18. A very versatile fly. Larger ones can imitate minnows or leeches, and the tiny ones can pass for nymphs. For a dry fly, I would probably take an ant or a beetle. They seem to work everywhere. My absolute favorite thing to do is swing a soft hackle like a partridge and orange, or a soft hackle hare's ear.

Yeah, soft hackle fishing sometimes feels like cheating... I love it. How do you tie yours? Here it seems that there's the sparse and thin body crowd and the heavily hackled fatter dubbed body crowd. In my experience I don't know which works better.

Bead Head Prince Nymph

Oh yeah. Can't forget the prince nymph!

Those of you who like the Wulf pattern dries, have any of you ever fished the patriot dry fly?

http://charlesmeck.com/a20000600.html

We fish patriot parachute dries in a famous river up north of here and it will outfish a parachute adams something like 12:1 when there's no hatch.

RDROgers
01-13-2011, 09:55 AM
Yeah, soft hackle fishing sometimes feels like cheating... I love it. How do you tie yours? Here it seems that there's the sparse and thin body crowd and the heavily hackled fatter dubbed body crowd. In my experience I don't know which works better.

I tie both versions. Sparse for low, clear water and heavy for murkier, or stained water. I even have some large, gaudy monstrosities tied on a size 6 or 8 hook for harassing large, aggressive brown trout.

werewolf won
01-13-2011, 10:14 AM

I'd be up for it...

How would we do a fly swap? The last one of these I got involved in ended badly. It did not involve this site. There were only four tiers involved when I signed on. You were to make a dozen flies for each person. I could deal comfortably with four dozen flies; but by the time the sign-on stopped there were over two dozen tiers. Iím not a production fly tier, but was committed, so I spent the next two weeks tying the same pattern over and over. Thatís a lot of time and materials, and I wasnít spinning a simple pattern. Then there were the shipping costs. Well, when the returns started coming in I only ended up with 8 guyís flies; I guess the other 16 guys took the flies they got sent and ran. One guy admitted it was beyond him and sent gift cards to everyone; it was nice he at least made the effort to repay his end to everyone who participated.
Wolf

shorthair
01-13-2011, 10:29 AM
I'm not a huge fly fisherman but I'd go with a woolly-bugger. Their so easy to carry why not carry a variety?

pallan65
01-13-2011, 11:41 AM
I guess I'd have to say I caught more on a black Woolly Worm or a Woolly Bugger. I want to be a nympher, but so far not a lot of luck for me with them.

JasonB
01-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Clouser Minnow or an EP Trout Streamer

You can catch everything from trout to bass to striped bass to redfish on either one.

I could do a swap.

solocanoe
01-13-2011, 12:22 PM
I thought of this too, WW1 - how would we?

Maybe we could start a thread
Anyone interested could sign up and have to commit 1 fly - their favorite to be sent to another with notes on how they like to use it.
Announce an "end date" for the sign up...
Someone could make a slip of paper with names on it and then draw "pairs" out of hat...
post the "pairings"...
The "pair" would then contact each other and send away.
Ideally, we'd either not know what fly we were committing to give away or a neutral party would do the draw for "pairs" so noone's feelings got hurt.

I'd not limit it to "self-tied", but include "bought"...so more could play.

would this work? is there a better way?

Adam B
01-13-2011, 12:29 PM
How would we do a fly swap? The last one of these I got involved in ended badly. It did not involve this site. There were only four tiers involved when I signed on. You were to make a dozen flies for each person. I could deal comfortably with four dozen flies; but by the time the sign-on stopped there were over two dozen tiers. Iím not a production fly tier, but was committed, so I spent the next two weeks tying the same pattern over and over. Thatís a lot of time and materials, and I wasnít spinning a simple pattern. Then there were the shipping costs. Well, when the returns started coming in I only ended up with 8 guyís flies; I guess the other 16 guys took the flies they got sent and ran. One guy admitted it was beyond him and sent gift cards to everyone; it was nice he at least made the effort to repay his end to everyone who participated.
Wolf

I thought of this too, WW1 - how would we?

Maybe we could start a thread
Anyone interested could sign up and have to commit 1 fly - their favorite to be sent to another with notes on how they like to use it.
Announce an "end date" for the sign up...
Someone could make a slip of paper with names on it and then draw "pairs" out of hat...
post the "pairings"...
The "pair" would then contact each other and send away.
Ideally, we'd either not know what fly we were committing to give away or a neutral party would do the draw for "pairs" so noone's feelings got hurt.

I'd not limit it to "self-tied", but include "bought"...so more could play.

would this work? is there a better way?

So I've been involved in a few swaps that went really really well. There has to be a reliable/trustworthy organizer (could be Wolf?). We get a number of participants. Its best for us to cap it ~a dozen. If it goes well we can do another swap later. As a participant, your responsibility is to ship a dozen flies to the organizer (it is customary to give an extra or two for the organizer). Lets say I'm doing the bugger: I tie 14. Wolf puts 1 in each of the 12 participant assortments shipping out and keeps 2. I also include 3-4 dollars in the package to cover shipping, since Wolf is going to be shipping 12 of these out.

The benefit of this method is that if you don't send anything, you don't get anything in return and if ideal you'll get 12 different flies to try. It can get tricky if people bail in that Wolf would make irregular dozens with the duplicates. If that happens its the organizer's call once everyone gets one of each pattern.

I think its fine for people to buy flies for a swap.

werewolf won
01-13-2011, 01:00 PM
As long as it meets the approval of the boardís owners I have no problem with a swap either. I suppose a post to determine interest would be a start. If there are dozens of folks interested we should use the solocanoe method of picking pairs, if the interest is just a few of us them the Adam B method would be nice.
Wolf

Jason
01-13-2011, 01:30 PM
No problem from our side with a swap as long as it's clear that BCUSA has nothing to do with the organization and you don't come running to me or Faol if things go south. Sgt. Mac however has graciously offered to be responsible for formal complaints but they must be filed using his standard form for such issues.

Sgt. Mac
01-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Thanx KOA

werewolf won
01-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Thanx KOA

Thanks to you too!

Adam B
01-13-2011, 02:43 PM
So should we start a list?

1. Adam B

werewolf won
01-13-2011, 02:46 PM
So should we start a list?

1. Adam B

I got a post going for sign ups

here you go:
http://www.bushcraftusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27271

solocanoe
01-13-2011, 02:48 PM
70+ posts in 1 day...WW1 is onto something here and we all have something to contribute to the general mix.

you folks go sign up on the new thread - share your idea with others and get something maybe new to you in return. :)

SlayerOfBunnies
01-13-2011, 04:35 PM
I tied up a few of these this past summer to annoy the bass at a local lake. My son and I call them 'poison buggers'. Look at this terrifying thing...

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/GingivitisKahn/IMG01010-20110112-2305.jpg

The bass (and some of the more intrepid panfish) loved 'em.