PDA

View Full Version : BCUSA chat room?`

Prime Zombie
01-14-2011, 07:08 AM
Not sure if I just can't find it, or if it does not exist. Is there a chat room on here? I was on another forum that used the same kind of system, and the mods added a chat room after people asked for one.

It would be fun to shoot the breeze with other BC people, especially with such an active member base.

What sayeth ye mods/staff?

Jason
01-14-2011, 07:40 AM
It's been discussed a few times on here but we don't have any plans to add a chat room. We prefer the discussion to be in the forum itself.

leaf and lightning
01-14-2011, 09:24 AM
are you kidding... some of us barely can type fast enough to keep up in the format its in now, let alone a chatroom...:D

Jason
01-14-2011, 01:17 PM
The reason being that the information can be archived for future reference rather than lost after you log out. I forgot to mention that before.

T Co
01-14-2011, 01:20 PM
And before he get's done with his editing from the other post, that is also why they have provided us the ability to put links or icons or whatever up to the messaging services that we use.

edit to show editing :D

You'll see mine has the yahoo Y! logo under my stats.

mr_nice_guy228
01-15-2011, 10:12 PM
I use a mobile phone, so chat rooms on IRC are nice when I'm on the go. I'd raise my hand for an IRC chat, but not a Java or Flash based :)
Some folks just like multiple random conversations. No specific topic, which is what the chat rooms are excellent for!

GreyOne
01-15-2011, 10:16 PM
There are so many easy ways for people to chat that it hardly seems either necessary or desirable to do it as part of the forum, and if we did, it would have to watched by mods. I for one do not have the time or the interest, thank you. ;)

As Koa indicated, the preference is for posts to be here , where they are a part of the ongoing site reference material.

smokewalker
01-15-2011, 10:21 PM
That is why some thechno Genius invented Skype:14:

Leif
01-15-2011, 10:43 PM
Smokewalker said it best I think, and on that Koa answered the question.

This really comes up like clockwork every couple months.

Like Smoke said Skype is best. I put mine in my profile. I suggest those who want to chat do the same.

I will lock this one up for now.