PDA

View Full Version : Portal view change?

xj35s
03-26-2011, 06:46 AM
I check the site often from my droid. I would love to know what section a topic is posted in. I would like to use "girlie stuff" by mook as an example. It could have been in clothing, bush medicine,or preparedness. It was posted in Fire. Never would have guess it though right ?

There are many fairly generic post titles. I think it would be faster, for me anyway, to know which ones I want to read by the topic they are in. Can we add a topic column in the portal? Like= title,user name,and Date/ last post/replies/views/topic. Then they can still be listed as time posted.

I hope this makes sense. I'm just curious. Thank you.

solocanoe
03-26-2011, 07:24 AM
I've tried to use that tap-a-talk thing with my iphone...it's nothing like the way the web page looks at all...glad it was only a couple bucks...what a waste!

anyway...I've managed just using 'new posts' button on the iphone (just like I do on a real computer) if that helps ya any...pretty easy to scroll thru what's there.

Skab
03-26-2011, 07:44 AM
I know what you'er talking about, and if you use the New posts button or the Today's Post button the subforum title does show in the search.

Guy
03-26-2011, 09:21 AM
It doesn't look like you have much viewing room on there for another column. I did just reduce the size of the Bushcraft Outfitters' logo, so that should free up a little room. Koa and I will need to discuss this. There was a reason it was removed and it was so long ago that I do not remember what it was.

Rubarb
03-26-2011, 12:00 PM
I view the site via my old faithfull pda some days, i just use the New Posts button and use the scroll bars to navigate up & down/left & right- works for me

xj35s
03-26-2011, 12:38 PM
Thank you. The new and today's post links are exactly what I should have been looking at. The screen shows up better too. I'm a gomer... My droid went directly to the portal the first time I went to this site. I bookmarked it as that. I now have it changed and everything shows perfectly.
I'm never going to get any work done now... Nice quick response thank you all very much.

Please don't change a thing. I now realize there are allot of options I have not explored yet. This is a very advanced forum, unlike any others I've been on.

chock full 'o awesomeness.