PDA

View Full Version : articles section?

BigHat
04-17-2011, 04:32 AM
ok so here goes...

I know we already have stickies, and downloads, and the BCUSA magazine. All of those are great tools. But..... sometimes really good info can get lost in the fray.

Is it possible to create an articles section? Listed on the portal page, right next to downloads and forum in the left hand section?

The one that comes to mind is the articles section over at hammockforums. It's pretty straightforward, with only a few subsections, and the article titles display automatically when scrolled over with the mouse.

There are so many people in this forum with a lot of knowledge, a lot could be shared and organized cleanly with an articles section on the portal page.

I'm not sure what the process would be for writing articles, but I've seen a forum with a "submitted articles" section and an "approved articles" section.

Just an idea... thanks for hearing me out.

Seeker
04-17-2011, 09:21 AM
not being a jerk here, but i'm "forum unsavvy" and really don't know...

how would this be different from stickies? or can you not see all the sticky notes in one index (i've never tried it. all i ever do is log-in, look for new posts, and start reading. oh, and i know where the download section is and have used it.)

Jason
04-17-2011, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. We will give it some thought.