PDA

View Full Version : money saving tip?

xj35s
05-04-2011, 08:09 AM
I put some items "in the cart" on two different websites. I was searching for stuff and put what I found in the cart so it'd be there if I wanted it. I continued searching for it cheaper. During this searching time I got an e-mail about the items "in the cart" and along with it was a 10% discount coupon.

It would seem by hesitating on the purchase button you can get a free 10% coupon in your e-mail.

Of course both times I found it cheaper elsewhere. If I mentioned that to them I might have gotten them to price match or even offer a better deal.

I had no idea this worked with online purchasing. Every little bit helps right?

glfredrick
05-04-2011, 08:28 AM
On-line or not, I've found that many places DO offer price matching to get you to do one-stop shopping.

Wal-Mart, O-Reilly's Auto Parts, etc., will all match competitor's prices.

werewolf won
05-04-2011, 08:37 AM
I recently made a purchase from Best Glide, as I was about to complete the deal I noticed a little message at the bottom of the page saying if I entered the order on their new web site they would give 10 percent off the whole order. I went to the new site and did get the discount. But gave it all back with their outrageous shipping charges :(
Wolf

glfredrick
05-04-2011, 09:28 AM
Also, check out www.retailmenot.com. If there is a rebate or coupon available, they probably have the code, details, and user feedback.