PDA

View Full Version : How to section

Noisemaker
06-09-2011, 01:49 PM
A section of the forum to house specifically "how to" threads would be nice to see.

joe305
06-09-2011, 01:50 PM
They are posted in the Self made section, here.....http://bushcraftusa.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Noisemaker
06-09-2011, 02:07 PM
I guess I was more thinking something practical like, how to make gorrila braid, how to make a certain campfire recipe, how to build a shelter in the snow with nothing but a yard of 550 and a deer foreskin...more than just the cool stuff folks can make. But you are right Joe, you can find all of that and more by searching around.

joe305
06-09-2011, 02:15 PM
I guess I was more thinking something practical like, how to make gorrila braid, how to make a certain campfire recipe, how to build a shelter in the snow with nothing but a yard of 550 and a deer foreskin...more than just the cool stuff folks can make. But you are right Joe, you can find all of that and more by searching around.

Yeah I get what you are saying...its a good Idea we get a ton of new post's in here and sometimes its hard to sift through all the search results....

Skab
06-09-2011, 02:29 PM
We use to have a How To Section, it really didnt get too many posts, so they did away with it.

That and if I'm looking for a how to make........ article I don't want to sift thru all of them, I just search, say the clothing section for a how to make a anorak post, and go form there.

joe305
06-09-2011, 02:42 PM
We use to have a How To Section, it really didnt get too many posts, so they did away with it.

That and if I'm looking for a how to make........ article I don't want to sift thru all of them, I just search, say the clothing section for a how to make a anorak post, and go form there.

yeah...that and we need to push for members to start using more "Tags" when they create a new thread..

Chert
06-09-2011, 02:44 PM
I think a "how-to" sub section in the self-made gear area (like the monthly project is its own area inside the self-made gear section) would be cool, but as of late it seems like there is just too many dedicated sections already in my opinion.