PDA

View Full Version : Store Item

draco
06-27-2011, 07:19 PM
It looks like you guys are doing a great job with the tarps you are selling. Everyone seems to love them. Any chance you could offer a 10x10 in 1.1oz silicone treated nylon? That would lower the weight considerably. I don't care at all about it being camo just don't make it a goofy white or orange and it will be fine.

Jason
06-27-2011, 07:33 PM
We haven't offered it because it is not very durable. If there was enough interest we could consider it but we have tried to stay with things built to last.

draco
06-27-2011, 08:11 PM
That is a fair statement. I have a tent made out of it with no durability issues yet but it is a lot thiner than the standard nylon. Is thiner a word? Anyway I would take one if anyone else is interested.

Guy
06-27-2011, 10:57 PM
I don't think thiner is, but thinner is. :D

BigHat
06-28-2011, 10:42 AM
We haven't offered it because it is not very durable. If there was enough interest we could consider it but we have tried to stay with things built to last.

the added durability is exactly why i purchased a tarp from BCO to replace my lighter 1.1 oz tarp...

joe305
06-28-2011, 11:20 AM
The BCUSA tarp is hard core for its weight.....you have to strike a good balance when it comes to weight and durability. You might have the 1.1 ounce material for a tent...the difference lies when you rig up your tarp and you start to get heavy winds....you'll need that extra muscle....Just my Honest Opinion....

R_W
06-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Etowah already does the 10x10 in silnylon. Same maker, maybe even???

Silnylon is strong for the weight, but still doesn't compare to coated 70D.

18 oz and $100 for etowah's version. Yeah, a half pound is a half pound, but you are spending more for less durability.

pure_mahem
06-30-2011, 04:03 AM
Try JackRBetter for a quality silnylon tarp. A word of warning STAY AWAY FROM CAMPFIRES! I've used a silnylon for years. Now I'm contimplatitng the added pound of tranquiltiy of a mulitcam so I can have a relaxing campfire at the end of the day so I may loose myself in the flames, smoke and poetic romance! YMMV!