PDA

View Full Version : Unwinding After Work

ootter
08-24-2011, 07:43 PM
I figured I would share todays unwind after work experience and maybe others could share theirs too.
Went for a short walk in the woods after getting home to collect a little firewood and just to poke around. Hung out by the fire pit taking my time doing prep for a flint and steel fire and to make up a new batch of charcloth. Made a pot of coffee and hung a few slices of bacon over the fire for dinner. Its a beautiful, cool and bug free night here. Wife and daughter are away for the night so its just me and the dog by the fire. Hope everyone else had the chance for a little bushy hump day unwind. If you didn't, hope you will soon.

akbound
08-24-2011, 07:46 PM
Sounds like a nice way to unwind for the evening! :)

alarmguy21
08-24-2011, 07:47 PM
I've got a nice Perdomo cigar set aside for right after dinner... have firewood already prepped and I'm stoked about it... a storm system came through but the rain missed us, cooled everything down about 20 degrees... I can't wait for fall

Silverlion
08-24-2011, 07:50 PM
I had to close my eyes and visualize the experience. It was GREAT! Thanks for sharing.

Nature Boy
08-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Thanks for sharing. Since it's been cooler the past few nights the wife and I have been lighting fires and having coffee. Also enjoy watching the bats as they swoop around keeping the insects at bay.

Okbushcraft
08-24-2011, 10:16 PM
That was a nice thought. I too had to close my eyes and feel this one through. Broke another heat record today at 108, still not allowed fires here. Bummer. C'mon rain and fall!

Jmark0
08-24-2011, 10:18 PM
Painted a beautiful picture there man. Thanks for that...