PDA

View Full Version : Friend request acceptance notifications

petrifiedwood
09-03-2011, 12:41 PM
I wasn't sure where to put this. It's a question, and a suggestion that depends on the answer, if that makes any sense.

I was curious if there is any feature of the site that notifies someone if you've accepted their friend request? If not, I'd like to suggest that such a feature be added.

I've accepted quite a few friend requests from folks in my time here and I'd hate to think that they might feel snubbed because I didn't send them a PM to let them know I accepted. :o

upthecreek
09-03-2011, 12:44 PM
And I thought you were snubbing this whole time :)

petrifiedwood
09-03-2011, 12:48 PM
And I thought you were snubbing this whole time :)

Nope. I've never turned down a friend request. I was looking for a feature to see if you can send a message to everyone on your list at once to let them know, lol. :D

GreyOne
09-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Friend lists are really just a "contacts" list in disguise, and once they get too large, they are not a lot of use.

I think anyone who cares can tell very quickly, simply by checking their list periodically.

nickosnow
09-03-2011, 01:00 PM
We're all friends here anyway. :)

Sgt. Mac
09-03-2011, 01:50 PM
If you and the other person show up on each others friends list, that is conformation that each of you know. A simple pm from one an another can also be used as well

steve_t
09-03-2011, 02:01 PM
We're all friends here anyway. :)

Quite right!

draco
09-03-2011, 02:02 PM
There is a friend request feature? Oh well they always said I didn't play well with others. :)

petrifiedwood
09-03-2011, 10:19 PM
I guess I should have been sending PMs to folks when I accepted their requests...

Anyhow, if you're reading this and you've sent me a friend request, rest assured I didn't snub you! :) I thought the system sent a notification automatically and only just recently did it occur to me it might not work that way...

Infidel
09-06-2011, 08:16 PM
I guess I should have been sending PMs to folks when I accepted their requests...

Anyhow, if you're reading this and you've sent me a friend request, rest assured I didn't snub you! :) I thought the system sent a notification automatically and only just recently did it occur to me it might not work that way...

Goes for me too.