PDA

View Full Version : Subforums Idea

Bill Cox
09-10-2011, 12:56 AM
Sometimes im not quite sure where to post something in the sub forums Tools, Gear/Kit, ect. Maybe a genral discussion forum for each would be a good idea. For instance a thread on EDC or whats in your kit type thread dont have a particular forum to go under. Just a thought, thanks for considering.

Thanks Bill

justin_baker
09-10-2011, 01:25 AM
I suggested this a while back as well. The mods didn't seem like it was necessary. I have encountered the same issue as you when making a thread.

GreyOne
09-10-2011, 01:29 AM
It becomes partly an issue of too many sub forums.

As a general rule of thumb, if it does not clearly fit well in one of the existing sub forums, it probably should go into General Discussion.

petrifiedwood
09-10-2011, 01:42 AM
I had a thread that was a "winter camping" topic, but evolved into something that could have been posted in "self made gear". (though it still applies to winter camping). It happens. I think it's good to keep things as organized as possible so folks can find thing easier. But when a topic is hard to define, so long as it's bushcraft related I don't see why general discussion wouldn't be a good place for it.

PMSteve
09-10-2011, 09:30 AM
I'd like to see a humor sub-forum.

Guy
12-12-2011, 05:27 AM
I'd like to see a humor sub-forum.

We tried that and it had to be shut down as things would slide into non-family friendly humor. And, that is when we had 1/2 the members that we do now.