PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for a new pack!

Irish Militant
09-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Hello Fellas' I need some suggestions for a replacement pack, currently I use a Army ACU 3 day assault pack for hunting and day/overnight trips and a USMC ILBE assault pack for fishing and canoe trips. While I like the size and quality of both packs I want to get away from the tactical look...Too much attention. Thanks!!!

Chert
09-28-2011, 03:04 PM
Kelty Redwings are great and have a few different sizes, I have a 2650 and love it, very comfy. For my larger backpacking pack, I use an Osprey Kestrel and have had great success with it.

joe305
09-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Kelty redwing...the camel back linchpin looks great and there might be one for sale here in the classifieds section....I think its khaki color...but does not look tactical at all and seems like a bomb proof bag.....

theboomboom
09-28-2011, 03:31 PM
I'd say Kelty Coyote, it'll be closer to the capacity you're used to dealing with when you compare it to your ILBE pack.

Redwing will probably be similar in capacity to your assault pack.

SluggySlugworth
09-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Take a look at the Jansport Carson, decent price, tons of space and a good quality product.

Irish Militant
09-28-2011, 03:46 PM
All great suggestions, but I really like the molle option. I have looked at Maxpedition A LOT but again its really tactical looking. Does any company make civie molle???

Chert
09-28-2011, 03:58 PM
All great suggestions, but I really like the molle option. I have looked at Maxpedition A LOT but again its really tactical looking. Does any company make civie molle???

Personally I carried a Maxpedition Falcon 2 as my EDC bag to work every day (I work in an office building) and to night classes without a single person even glancing at the bag. I think as long as you aren't putting military patches all over it, getting one in a camo pattern, or wearing full bdu's when wearing the pack, I don't think anyone will even notice it being "tactical" or not. That being said, I personally didn't care for the stiffness of the Maxpedition bags. I like durable, but that seemed to be too much for me. There are several people on this forum that have had success with 5.11 RUSH packs as well as Condor packs, both of which are cheaper and similar to Maxpeditions offerings if you wanted to keep with bags that offer webbing.

Irish Militant
09-28-2011, 04:17 PM
I don't really care about what people think with that said I was scouting a WMA last week when I ran into a couple of nature hikers I had a Gerber LMF attached to side...I think I made them nervous. I don't care why your out in the woods as long as your out, my intentions are to not make people i run into on the trail uncomfortable.

joe305
09-28-2011, 04:21 PM
There are several people on this forum that have had success with 5.11 RUSH

Oh yeah I forgot bout the 5.11 Rush series.......I think you should look into the RUSH 72....

5.11 Tactical Rush Series - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl43iNrnrtc)

Grizzly
09-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Gregory Palisade is a great pack, pricey but worth the money.