PDA

View Full Version : I miss monthly projects.

Dross
10-06-2011, 09:48 PM
I know that Kepis has been MIA for a while it's been the busy bushcraftings season across the pond. However I really miss monthly projects. Any talk of them resuming later in the year?

Gryphonblade
10-06-2011, 10:25 PM
I was thinking about that the other day. Those were fun, even the ones I didn't/couldn't participate in.

bsred
10-06-2011, 10:33 PM
I think I saw a while back that he left here for good. Maybe someone else should take up the monthly projects

zammer
10-06-2011, 11:35 PM
There ya go Dross the torch is now passed to you, time to start your own monthly project...what do you have planned for the members?

r34ryan
10-07-2011, 12:28 PM
I would like to see something like this! New challenges and lessons are always appreciated. Maybe the mods can start a sub forum and different members can take turns making challenges weely/monthly or whatever. If so I would be happy to contribute some small projects for people to try.

BillCr
10-07-2011, 12:38 PM
We had a good run with the "Informal Summer Skills Challenges" that has since ended because the BushClass Intermediate class has started. The two were not affiliated in anyway.

Participating members both put challenges up after being tagged and participated in a variety of them. One of the coolest things I like to see is member's creativity in both the challenges they offer, and the way they complete them:

http://bushcraftusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40277

I always like seeing challenges and try to do the one's I think I can make happen. If you guys post any up I'll be sure to check them out.

Dross
10-09-2011, 10:23 PM
To be honest I felt a lot of pressure with the whole tagged concept. I loved the posts and thought it gave a huge amount of energy to the forum. Just wasn't for me. But if no one ever said it. Bill you did a tremendous job with all of that and it was really cool to watch how it took off.

vermillion8604
10-10-2011, 02:16 AM
Kepis isn't coming back and has been very busy lately. He still puts up videos on YouTube but not as often as he used to. I wish he would come back, but he said that will never happen.

BigHat
10-10-2011, 06:32 AM
To be honest I felt a lot of pressure with the whole tagged concept. I loved the posts and thought it gave a huge amount of energy to the forum. Just wasn't for me. But if no one ever said it. Bill you did a tremendous job with all of that and it was really cool to watch how it took off.

Definitely, a thank you is in order to Bill.

THANK YOU BILL!!!!!!!!!!

Toddler
10-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Kepis isn't coming back and has been very busy lately. He still puts up videos on YouTube but not as often as he used to. I wish he would come back, but he said that will never happen.

Apparently he was offended? I'm very sorry to hear that. I thought very highly of his input and videos. Best wishes for him. Todd

Toddler
10-10-2011, 09:56 AM
I have been reading alot of old Scouter books lately. I could contribute a few small projects as well. I like the idea of willing participation as opposed to being tagged. Who ever proposes a certain project should post a finished product and give a complete description of the process they used to finish it. Just my thoughts... Todd

BillCr
10-10-2011, 10:15 AM
I have been reading alot of old Scouter books lately. I could contribute a few small projects as well. I like the idea of willing participation as opposed to being tagged. Who ever proposes a certain project should post a finished product and give a complete description of the process they used to finish it. Just my thoughts... Todd

All participants in the Summer Skills Challenges were willing participants. They agreed to being tagged prior to it beginning. The tagging part was utilized to organize who and when the next challenges would be put up and ensure that all willing participants would be involved not only in doing the challenges, but have the opportunity to create a challenge or more.

However it happens, I think it's a good thing and somebody just needs to get the ball rolling cause if we are waiting for Kepis, we might be waiting for a long time.