PDA

View Full Version : 503 Service Unavailable

wildernut
10-24-2011, 01:36 PM
I've been getting this alot today.

503 Service Unavailable

When trying to view threads, not when looking at the portal or the main forum page.

Is it me or is the server just bogged down due to heavy traffic?

I use windows explorer if that makes any difference.

Aven
10-24-2011, 02:50 PM
I haven't run into any issues today. I've been checking in since about 7 this morning.

Try shutting your computer completely down. Let it sit for at least a minute before you restart it. If that doesn't do anything, check with your ISP and see if they've had issues today.

Leif
10-24-2011, 02:52 PM
No issues here. Might be your provider.

wildernut
10-24-2011, 02:52 PM
I haven't run into any issues today. I've been checking in since about 7 this morning.

Try shutting your computer completely down. Let it sit for at least a minute before you restart it. If that doesn't do anything, check with your ISP and see if they've had issues today.

Thanks, I actually did that and it appears the issue was on my end.

If a mod sees this, you can lock it up.

Chert
10-24-2011, 02:53 PM
Something I use to see if a website is down or if it just my computer acting up is

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

It only is for websites being offline, but it helps determine if it is on your end or the websites end.

Yellow Lab
10-24-2011, 02:54 PM
I'm getting this all the time on my phone. I can see the portal page with the new topics but as soon as I try to open one of the topics I get this message. It says "The server is temporarily busy, try again later!"

My desktop computer works fine. Only on my phone...

Gryphonblade
10-24-2011, 03:06 PM
I get this from time to time. For general information: Firefox seems pretty susceptible to this issue. Gotta totally purge the internet and DNS cache (under Options) generally to get it to go away.

It got bad enough I had to uninstall Firefox and reload it. All was fine until their last two "upgrades".

jloden
10-24-2011, 05:36 PM
I was getting this a ton in Chrome but if I loaded Safari it worked fine. Cleared the cache in Chrome and it went away. Very odd, since 503 errors are server-side and shouldn't be happening due to client caches but it could be something to do with the way certain browsers handle cached data. Anyway, try clearing the cache as Gryphonblade suggested, might work for you as well, even on a phone. If you're using tapatalk you can clear the tapatalk application cache as an equivalent.