PDA

View Full Version : Artwork

YABBER
11-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Hello all,

I can't help but be blown away at some of the amazing crafts and downright artwork that some members are have posted. I think it would be cool if there was a section were people could post things like hand made carvings, paintings or other bushcraft related art. I know that there is already a section for hand made gear but I think that there is a big difference between decrative carvings and home made forges.

riverjoe
11-13-2011, 08:22 PM
Heck Yeah . Like my Cheif Blue Jacket coffee mug made from clay I mined right here on my property . Not really art but craft I think .

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad289/riverjoe47/IMG_0186.jpg

Unfortunately it melted down on the second firing when the thermostat stuck .

Marsh
11-13-2011, 08:39 PM
I'd like to add to this one.. :)

Could this also be a place to ask questions on artwork? Or crafts if you wish.
I'd like to ask someone who beads how to end beadwork...or how to insert inlays in wood or what kind of stains to use on leatherwork. ect.

I see there are quite a few artists in here. It would be nice to see their artwork and be able to ask questions on it in its own post.

We like doing projects but to pretty them up sometimes one needs to ask 'how to' questions.

And of course a place for show and tell. :)

Purty Please.

Marsh.

Bucketosudz
11-13-2011, 09:08 PM
Shoot me the questions you have about inlay's Marsh, I may be able to help you out!

Arrowwolf posted some of her beadwork recently and Curahee Rose's dolls for the MNeedham's daughters had some beadwork as well.

There are many talented leather workers here as well, hopefully they will stop by and help you out on the staining.

IamLegend
11-13-2011, 09:48 PM
Yeah my leather working skills are pretty crude. Mostly repairs in the field type stuff. I'd like to know what tool gives you a real clean looking edge.

Muddy Paws
11-13-2011, 10:19 PM
Haven't done any beadwork or the like in quite some time but still sketch a lot and paint when I have the chance. Look forward to more pics in this thread. I will share some if anyoe would like when I get back home.