PDA

View Full Version : gear in your car

Tomahawk
11-11-2008, 05:46 PM
I was out in the mountains today with my Dog Lilly and i needed a certain piece of equipment to harvest some raw materials so, after a 20 minute search I finally uncovered what i was looking for.

anyhoo, suffice to say I have way too much gear in the back of my truck. I was wondering if you guys or gals have a similar looking pile of gear in your cars/trucks etc.

I have attached 2 photos of the hunting/forageing gear in my car to give you an Idea. these photos do not include all of the food, water, cooking stove, sleeping bags, clothing etc. I have in there also.

Just curious, please tell me im not alone. hahaha

tomahawk

GreyOne
11-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Yep, got two footlocker size trunks in back, buried w/ loose stuff :)

What kind of takedown recurve is that ? Looks interesting.

Trekon86
11-11-2008, 06:02 PM
I don't have quite that much, but the car I use at home is not mine, but my Dad's. I'm sure that when I get my own vehicle it'll be packed full;)
Are those curling sticks?
PMZ

Trekon86
11-11-2008, 06:03 PM
LOL never mind, my eyes played tricks on me.
That's a broken down bow and something else...haha.
PMZ

Tomahawk
11-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Yep, got two footlocker size trunks in back, buried w/ loose stuff :)

What kind of takedown recurve is that ? Looks interesting.

It is a 35 LB take down bow i use for bow fishing. I got it from a place in wisconsin many moons ago. check this link it might be it.

https://www.archeryexchange.com/shopdisplaycategories.asp?id=122&cat=Archery+Equipment

tomahawk

Ripmyfly
11-11-2008, 07:40 PM
That is a bug out stash if I ever saw one.

GreyOne
11-11-2008, 08:30 PM
How can it be a bug out stash when it is EDC ? :)

Ripmyfly
11-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Very true... Im sorry I should have said Tomahawk's EDC is a better than my bug out stash. Now, Better?

:)

Faol
11-11-2008, 10:27 PM
Good gravy!! That is a bit of gear! I cannot think of anything you couldn't overcome with that in the vehicle. To borrow some UK slang...criminey!

Jason
11-12-2008, 12:31 AM
That's a whole bunch of gear! I thought I had a reasonable amount with a large Rubbermaid container but you win the prize. I have the basics covered but nothing like that. I'm not even sure my car would move with all that stuff.

Finnman
11-12-2008, 06:36 AM
Woooooooaaa.. Thatīs a lot and 2 guns also. Heh, you have more stuff in your trunk that I own..nearly :)
I have an axe, folding saw 10", Mora-knife, multitool, rope, alcohol stove, meal kit, water bottles, snacks, space blanket, emergency vest, gloves and some small items. Iīm looking for folding shovel, my old one broke.

1stcavmp77
11-13-2008, 12:12 PM
if you have a truck then it looks like you need a toolbox. if that stuff's all in your trunk i would think a footlocker or maybe reducing some of the stuff you have in there. wish i had that much gear. i have to admit, i'm somewhat of a gear-#####. i really really like haveing lots of options when it comes to gear.

Tomahawk
12-23-2008, 07:31 PM
if you have a truck then it looks like you need a toolbox. if that stuff's all in your trunk i would think a footlocker or maybe reducing some of the stuff you have in there. wish i had that much gear. i have to admit, i'm somewhat of a gear-#####. i really really like haveing lots of options when it comes to gear.

I DO HAVE a PX foot locker in my car to hold the tools/guns/knives etc.

Just dont like my gear rattling around in the back.

thanks for the suggestion tho.

tomahawk

Grits
01-21-2010, 01:03 PM
I use the plastic boxes that carry 40 lbs of cat litter to carry my BOV stuff. I leave the label on, too! Looks very innocent....

Pinebaron
01-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Well next time my wife says I have too much stuff...

dullblades
01-21-2010, 01:18 PM
wow. over the years(near 40) ive kept most of my stuff, so i have 2 trunks, and 2 large duffle bags, but i gotta tell you, since finding this site, i may be reducing dramatically in the near future.

one thing im going to do is build my wife and daughter each a psk and a bob each so i dont have to lug around the trunks if needed.

these reasons above are why i ask in another post about carts and ways to transport lots of gear being on foot, well, i need to minimize.

Thunder 9
01-21-2010, 02:03 PM
Looks about right to me. My pickup toolbox is full as is the storage area behind the seat. Very comforting to know it's there and some of it comes in quite handy more often than one might imagine.

Valcas1
01-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Not as big a pile in my truck, but a mess of gear non the less. Tomahawk, he did you get that thai e-nap that is front and center on the pile? I want one very badly. I really like the shape of that blade. If you have any info. please let me know.

Paul

skw
01-21-2010, 02:31 PM
49 Things For Your Emergency Car Kit

http://mungobah.blogspot.com/2010/01/49-things-for-your-emergency-car-kit.html

tnrick55
01-21-2010, 02:37 PM
this man is ready for anything wtg.

DanTN
01-22-2010, 08:45 PM
WHAT? No ball peen hammer?

Tomahawk