PDA

View Full Version : Wondering

Old Philosopher
12-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Do I assume correctly that the News and Events Forum went away completely?
Even the links to posts on that forum disappeared.

Plains Woman
12-10-2011, 01:06 PM
I was wondering that, too. I looked for it and couldn't find it. I'm not on that often anymore so I thought maybe I dreamed that it was there. :)

Old Philosopher
12-10-2011, 01:12 PM
I didn't see anything in Announcements, so I thought I'd ask here.

556mp
12-10-2011, 01:15 PM
I would assume that your assumption was correct.

Skab
12-10-2011, 01:29 PM
I would venture to guess that it was straying too far from Bushcraft and Bushcraft related stories and events.

Thus taking away from the intent of this whole forum.

But, that's just my guess.

Old Philosopher
12-10-2011, 01:34 PM
I would venture to guess that it was straying too far from Bushcraft and Bushcraft related stories and events.

Thus taking away from the intent of this whole forum.

But, that's just my guess.
I imagined that locking, or removing individual threads accomplished that. But the whole venue appears to have been eliminated, even for outdoor related news.

Skab
12-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Not really a concern for me. As I'm happy to see it gone. I can get my news else where.

But you may want to pm Faol or Koa and ask. As they are the only two that can make changes such as that. Being their forum and all.

rpilthea
12-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Thank the Bushcraft gods that it is so!

wolfy
12-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Maybe it's my fault. I just posted about that 400,000 acre land auction in the Niobrara valley of northern Nebraska, the other day. It is an environmentally sensitive area that could have been broken up for commercial uses of ALL different kinds. I was going to post the outcome of the auction, but it was gone.

For those interested, the ranch was purchased for a record $997/acre for Sandhills ranch land by a group of cattlemen from North Dakota. That makes most people happy that want the land to remain the way it is now. All are happy except the taxpaying bordering landowners that will see their valuations/taxes go up.

Rook
12-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Assumptions correct it is gone. please address any concerns to admin.thanks.