PDA

View Full Version : giveaway section/sticky

Hiker41
12-13-2011, 09:40 AM
I see alot of people doing giveways for posts.I dont know if it would be something that anyone would like but a giveaway section or a sticky.Where you could post your giveaways.This forum has alot of kind,helpful and giving members.

saintnick001
12-13-2011, 10:15 AM
I like the idea but I'm sure that section would turn ugly quick with moochers and non-contributors.

Ohio Bushcrafter
12-13-2011, 10:34 AM
I agree partially but then the trolls would lurk,This group at BCUSA is different and the generosity of members here is warming of the soul lets atleast make trolls work for it!!

When stuff won, Is put on evilbay it is disheartening,

Members are just trying to grow interest in bush craft because of how much it has touched,changed or complimented their lives.

The real familial atmosphere is founded through good will of men (& women) here, where people genuinely wish to help one another and grow a community,teach,& share experiences that have helped change them as well.

Long answer cut short that in a perfect world would be a great idea,But unfortunately this isn't a perfect world yet......

Driftingrz
12-13-2011, 12:32 PM
kinda good idea.. but it wouldnt work.. just over the last few months ive seen quite a few people sign up and enter giveaways with less than 5 post.. same with teh christmas wishlist.. people looking for a handout.. it would be to easy to just go straight to the subforum and enter 50 giveaways..... thats why i like when people do giveaways with requirements