PDA

View Full Version : Off topic discussion

Moe M.
12-28-2011, 01:50 PM
I may be alone, but I do miss the off topic discussion section of the forum,
while not always related to bushcraft topics it did add another dimension to the forum and was a great place to place bits of unrelated news and stories of interest to some members, and I don't remember it being especially unrulely.

Is there any chance of bringing it back ?

Sgt. Mac
12-28-2011, 01:50 PM
Nope

The Warning
12-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Just swap email addresses with people, or friend them on Facebook.

Scope creep is the mother of mediocrity.

One Legged Josh
12-28-2011, 02:06 PM
I danced when it was axed outta here. Actually danced.
The same for the "news".

Leif
12-28-2011, 02:09 PM
Nope

What Mac said.

nothinghead
12-28-2011, 02:10 PM
I danced when it was axed outta here. Actually danced.
The same for the "news".

Got any video of that?

WestrnBushcrft
12-28-2011, 02:13 PM
I hope not! The off topic discussion are really random! And some of the topics were really stupid!!

tennecedar
12-28-2011, 03:23 PM
I was one of those that asked for it to be re-instated the last time. Actually my request was to make another off topic section or delete all the silly threads that were clogging the forum. I won't ask again. The section wasn't even close to bushcraft this last time. It was used for all kinds of crazy stuff, politics, rants, etc. I'm glad the forum is back to bushcraft oriented content only. JMHO

GreyOne
12-28-2011, 07:39 PM
As we get more and more members, it is harder and harder to keep things on topic and centered on bushcraft.

There have been several areas that were closed over time, as it seemed necessary to return the focus to bushcraft. I regret losing some of them, but not enough to want to bring them back with our larger and more eclectic membership.

JMHO

briarbrow
12-28-2011, 08:36 PM
I never noticed it gone... just thought everyone had become more focused

MtnManJoe
12-28-2011, 09:24 PM
I fully understand how/why "Off Topic" tended to get .. uh .. "Off Topic" .. But Personally I had no problem with it (as I am 'all growed up', and have the ability to select and choose what threads I want to look at and/or participate in.)

I kinda think of it in the same way that I would relate to late night discussions around the campfire, with 'friends' .. Some would be directly related to bushcraft .. and some might be 'out there' .. But I wouldn't be upset about it - as I could choose to either participate or not.

On the other hand, The Founders/Mods/Elders of BCUSA have every right to lay down The Rules and Expectations for this forum - and to enforce them as they collectively choose to do so (And, in the grander scheme of things, I think 'they' do that Excellently!) ..
And again, I have the choice to either "Play Nice", Or go elsewhere.
... If anyone thinks it is a simple job to keep this unruly mob on the 'straight and narrow', ya might just ponder it a little .. heh!

There is a reason why BCUSA has 14,373 Members, 45,552 Threads, and 856,638 Posts .. It is due to the aforementioned Founders/Mods/Elders, who in fact keep us 'on the straight and narrow'

Thank You, Guys !! .. :-)

Leif
12-28-2011, 09:29 PM
Its settled guys, no need to keep this thread open.