PDA

View Full Version : Staff Medallions

ForestNH/VT
03-06-2012, 02:41 PM
The thread on Challenge Coins got me thinking - I know, not good :) What about BCUSA staff medallions? I collect them on my hiking staff and would love one. Maybe others would be interested too???

Forest

Something like these: http://hikeamerica.com/Products/medallion_list.html

AlteredMentalStatus
03-06-2012, 02:44 PM
i used to, would put them on my hiking staff I used in scouts...

werewolf won
03-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Id be much more inclined to put one of those on my stick than a challenge coin in my pocket.

Capt. Redbush
03-06-2012, 03:29 PM
I like the idea. I use trekking poles now instead of a wood staff, but if I still used wood, I'd totally be for that. Trick out your stick!

CJ60
03-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Thank you for posting this. I make walking staffs as a hobby, and like to incorporate medallions, teeth, coins, etc... These are the right size, and the price is fantastic!
Pic of my personal staff (I like simple and native looking), the stones are for upcoming work. Picture Jasper "Tooth" is going on my sons new staff, almost finished.

wingnuts
03-07-2012, 11:51 AM
I'd pop for staff badges! Better than challenge coins!

JOttum
03-08-2012, 02:53 AM
Another recent trend in the challenge coin arena is custom "poker chips" basically made of ceramic or resin. The advantage is that images can be basically printed on them from a computer for greater detail and color.

Not really poker chips, per se, but they are very similar. They are cheap enough some companies use them like business cards at conventions and such.

Additionally, some company's have made coins with bottle opener slots cut into them, maybe having a multi tool aspect is more appealing?

Hiker Boy
07-17-2012, 03:30 PM
I know this is an old post but I'd love to have a BCUSA medallion on my hiking staff.