PDA

View Full Version : Any body got a map?

tennecedar
12-18-2009, 02:15 PM
I sent out a package some time ago to a member in Nova Scotia. I copied the address exactly as he gave it to me. I heard from him last week saying it had never arrived. Probably because of the holiday shipping rush. I told him I'd send another package If it never got thru. Today in the mail is the returned envelope with a big red note saying Nova Scotia is not in the U.K. ! Someone at the post office actually sent the envelope to England! When did they start hiring poeple to deliver mail that have no knowledge geography? I thought you had to have at least a high school education to be a federal employee. :confused:

howison
12-18-2009, 02:18 PM
It is a sad reality that people like that can work for the gov.

layton13069
12-18-2009, 02:23 PM
WOW!!! that is really sad...

MoxemDeliph
12-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Nova Scotia is in Canada. Unless, of course, there is a Nova Scotia in England.

Rubarb
12-18-2009, 02:33 PM
Nova Scotia translates to New Scotland, perhaps the postie is a language graduate and thought he'd sent it to the right place?.

MoxemDeliph
12-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Nova Scotia translates to New Scotland, perhaps the postie is a language graduate and thought he'd sent it to the right place?.

So Kepis,

Am I retarted or is there a Nova Scotia in England? Becuase Im pretty sure the only Nova Scotia is the most eastern of Canada you can go, if im not mistaken.

MoxemDeliph
12-18-2009, 02:38 PM
AND if theres not a Nova Scotia in England, what was the guy thinking when he provided his address? Im not trying to rub anyone raw here, Im just curious how you get your address that wrong.

Rubarb
12-18-2009, 02:38 PM
No Novia Scotia over here im afraid, and we only have Old Scotland

Rubarb
12-18-2009, 02:39 PM
AND if theres not a Nova Scotia in England, what was the guy thinking when he provided his address? Im not trying to rub anyone raw here, Im just curious how you get your address that wrong.

It happens, ive done it myself

FrauHilda
12-18-2009, 02:41 PM

.. and it's not in England either ;)

tennecedar
12-18-2009, 02:45 PM
The address is correct. Exactly as it should be. It was the post office that doesn't know that there is only one Nova Scotia in the world and it is located on our continent.

MoxemDeliph
12-18-2009, 02:47 PM

Yeah, that old, worn out, ratty Scotland. Ew...

I would love to visit all of your islands. Scotland, Ireland, England...man, that would be an awesome trip of a life time.

MoxemDeliph
12-18-2009, 02:51 PM
The address is correct. Exactly as it should be. It was the post office that doesn't know that there is only one Nova Scotia in the world and it is located on our continent.

Ahah, I didnt quite follow. Now thats a different story and whomever filled in the address now deserves a drink...and Kepis, no one will remember you filled out your address wrong, thats all old news...

Now on to blubbering IDIOT at the post office. Im here to tell you that the tests you have to take to become a postal delivery guy is not easy. I know two intelligent men who hold degrees and are quite prosperous in other areas of life who didnt get hired becuase of the test. But I suspect that the bozo that shipped your package across the pond didnt have to take that test. Bust out the Eddie Izzard and shoot that man with a bread gun.

Rubarb
12-18-2009, 02:56 PM
Yeah, that old, worn out, ratty Scotland. Ew...

I would love to visit all of your islands. Scotland, Ireland, England...man, that would be an awesome trip of a life time.

You forgot Wales, BTW It's only Northern Ireland that is in the Union, not the whole of Ireland, which is a seperate country.

If you ever come over, let us Brits know, im sure we can work out a relay system to pass you around the country and get you seeing the sights and enjoying the many varied and individual environments we have to offer over here.

FrauHilda
12-18-2009, 03:03 PM
I have had this happen more than once when we lived in Glasgow. At least I can give the P.O. worker some credit there though. It would be much more likely that a person knows Glasgow, Scotland than Glasgow, umm, Montana.

Now we live in another Scot-named town, (another big city in Scotland , but small, rinky-dink population 60 town here in MT), I make sure to include as many U.S. indicators as possible. :)

snakedoctor
12-18-2009, 03:22 PM
WORD FOR THE DAY "DUMBASS"

I hope that this is the most major thing he does! Not something worse! Im very scared that a governmental employee can be this stupid! Then I think of congress and the senate and it all makes since!

MoxemDeliph
12-18-2009, 03:41 PM
WORD FOR THE DAY "DUMBASS"

I hope that this is the most major thing he does! Not something worse! Im very scared that a governmental employee can be this stupid! Then I think of congress and the senate and it all makes since!

Amen there.

Kepis,

I didnt even know Wales was included...but Im not good with my history anymore. You see, as compared to America, you guys have all the history. Sure sure, we've been busy here for about five hundred years, but western Europe has gobs o' history.

I dont really have an excuse as to why I didnt know that bit about Wales, nor did I know about north Ireland. Some day, and I mean it, I will take you up on your offer.

Rubarb
12-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Some day, and I mean it, I will take you up on your offer.

No prob, of course we would also have to take in places like the Channel Islands, Isles of Scilly, Isle of Man, plus a few others:D

matt.s
12-18-2009, 05:02 PM

We do got New Scotland Yard...

moose
12-18-2009, 08:57 PM
So Kepis,

Am I retarted or is there a Nova Scotia in England? Becuase Im pretty sure the only Nova Scotia is the most eastern of Canada you can go, if im not mistaken.

Not the most eastern brother, you still got PEI and then there is Newfoundland and Labrador to get to aswell, but yep very east indeed. This guy needs a globe on his desk and maybe an introduction to North American Geography........Then a slap!;)

tnrick55
12-19-2009, 11:44 AM
probly a family thing like it is here.when you get old enough you get a job, sad