PDA

View Full Version : An area to barter

IA Woodsman
12-22-2008, 08:00 AM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I love to barter. I would rather trade with someone that pay or be paid cash. Alot of folks here have some great skills and have made some cool stuff. I would like to see an area where people could make deals on their wares.

Keyser Söze
12-22-2008, 08:05 AM
there is, check the forum,:)

Ripmyfly
12-22-2008, 08:51 AM
Great idea Iowa! Of course Im in trouble. Probably not many of you that have a need for hand tied flies. :)

pure_mahem
12-22-2008, 08:59 AM
About the only thing I've made in the last year is soda can stove and not a very good one at that. But I like idea of the Barter spot.

VikingJosh
12-27-2008, 11:10 AM
I'm not too good at making things, but I have good service skills.

BOWGUY
12-30-2008, 06:15 PM
where is this place at?
i dont see it........

jamie

Rubarb
12-31-2008, 03:32 AM
where is this place at?
i dont see it........

jamie

Funny you should say that Jamie, i just had a look at the forum sections and couldn't see it either:confused:

rik_uk3
12-31-2008, 03:51 AM
Great idea, I've done a lot of trading and swaps, mainly stoves, with American collectors, also some military kit not common in the UK or USA

Keyser Söze
01-02-2009, 09:53 AM
there is, check the forum,:)

ups, now i get it, was:confused::confused: Barter as in Trade without money ,like a trade in goods for other goods , aha, sounds interesting :)

pure_mahem
01-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Having a thought here as I've seen it done in a couple other forums. Where it is called a hiker box. You take something and you leave something then mail it on to the next person on the list it would be a good way to open a grab bag type barter system. If anyone actually does this I want my name on the list twice, once after Kepis and once after Flintlock assuming they participate of course, lol! JK! NO, REALLY! JK! NO, REALLY!

Rubarb
01-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Having a thought here as I've seen it done in a couple other forums. Where it is called a hiker box. You take something and you leave something then mail it on to the next person on the list it would be a good way to open a grab bag type barter system. If anyone actually does this I want my name on the list twice, once after Kepis and once after Flintlock assuming they participate of course, lol! JK! NO, REALLY! JK! NO, REALLY!

Lol .

chingon
02-12-2009, 06:09 PM
How about we get this barter section happening while the classifieds situation gets figured out.

Sgt. Mac
02-12-2009, 06:34 PM
How about we get this barter section happening while the classifieds situation gets figured out.

I like the idea, especialy what Richard said. There could be some nice dealings going across the Big Pond. Ones mans junk is another mans treasure.

Faol
02-12-2009, 07:16 PM
I agree. I don't know what Koa is waiting on. He's a little slow sometimes.

Keyser Söze
04-22-2009, 08:15 AM
I like the idea, especialy what Richard said. There could be some nice dealings going across the Big Pond. Ones mans junk is another mans treasure.

so what happened to this idea ? now that are more good people becoming members...you newer know what they have for trade and they dont even know it you want it:D example Buroak gave me a lots of awesome carbon saw blades for carving knife making...i was searching for blades like that to buy new and could not find them,, and M.Ron "threw" me some bones/antlers:D from his bone bag, my point is you newer know who has what you need;) or you have what they need...

Keyser Söze
06-16-2009, 09:45 PM
let the bartering begin:D LOL

Leif
06-16-2009, 09:47 PM
Just make a thread and put a price on it haha it ain't rocket science hehe

ozhaggishead
06-18-2009, 04:51 AM
This sound great lets just do it!!!!

Howie
06-18-2009, 08:00 AM
An actual true barter page would be great, with no money exchanging!

just straight up old fashioned horse trading will both parties responsible for own shipping ect. Lots of folks have gone back to this in life,

BOWGUY
06-19-2009, 05:56 PM
i like the sounds of that....like put a bunch of trade items on a blanket for all to see then let the bartering begin!

Cyberslinger
08-10-2009, 01:39 AM
Yes a trading section would be awesome.

ForestNH/VT
08-10-2009, 11:47 AM
I second, uh, er, 22nd the idea!!:D Trade only no cash. Like Jamie pointed out, there are other forums that have a Trade Blanket area where you can post what you have and maybe what you would consider in trade. It could really help the forum becasue we have such a wide geographical area covered. No flint in NH/VT but I have POUNDS of Chaga. Lots of Black Locust around here but no Osage, etc...

Faol
08-10-2009, 12:19 PM
There is now a barter forum under Gear/Kit. We will give it a try and see how it works for everyone.

Thanks.