Here you can find answers to questions about how the board works. Use the links or search box below to find your way around.
1. Usernames/Avatars: Please do not use a business name or logo as a username or avatar. Also remember that people will use this as a way to reference you so please use names that people can pronounce. No offensive usernames or avatars will be tolerated. All usernames and avatars are subject to approval by the administrators.
2. Advertising & Self-Promotion: No advertising or self-promotion will be allowed on the open forum. If you make or sell goods or have the intent of selling goods in the future you may not post those items here on the forum even if the item is not listed for sale. For example, if you currently sell or plan to sell an item on ebay, a gunshow, another website, brick and mortar store, etc. you are prohibited from listing that item on this forum without the appropriate subscription. Please see the subscription list for the one that best meets your needs. If you sell goods anywhere else it is not OK to list them here to “share with those who are like-minded” even if you do not list it for sale, this will be seen as indirect advertising and will be removed without warning. You may not link to blogs or other websites without providing content in this forum. It is permissible to link to a blog if you also repost all of the content here as well otherwise the post will be deleted. Posting a youtube video is OK but if your sole purpose for coming here is to promote your channel those posts will be deleted. No buying, selling or trading is allowed except in the Trade Forum or Vendor forums.
3. Classifieds and Trade Blanket: Vendor or Hobbyist subscriptions are required to place "for sale" ads in the classifieds forum but anyone can respond to the ads in order to buy a product. The Trade Blanket forum requires a supporting membership to start a thread however anyone can participate in threads already posted.
4. Be Respectful: On this forum we have plenty of disagreements but rudeness will not be tolerated.
5. Offensive Material: No nudity, profanity, or sexually oriented pictures or videos.
6. Illegal activity: All discussions of any illegal activity will be deleted immediately and the user will be banned.
7. Relevance: This is a topic oriented forum, please try to keep the discussions relevant. Like most forums, trolls are banned. Politics and religious discussions have no place on this bushcraft forum.
8. Pictures: Uploads are limited to 640x480. Alternative image hosting services such as Flickr and Photobucket are available.
9. Sub-forum Rules: Additional rules may be found under the individual forums and sub-forums throughout the directory.
10. Once an account is created neither the account nor the posts under the account may be deleted. Posting content on an internet forum for anyone to read implies that you give consent to make the information public. Requests of this nature will not be honored under any circumstances by the administrators.
11. Bushcraft USA reserves the right to change these Terms & Conditions of Use at any time for any reason. Please keep in mind that this is a privately owned forum and all content is subject to the approval of the administrators and may be deleted/modified at their discretion without explanation.
BCUSA Vendor and Hobbyist Rules
1. You may make a reference by way of a link to your BCUSA vendor forum if a member makes a post asking about a product you happen to sell. For example if the member asks “where can I buy a good knife?” you may link to a thread or post in your forum describing the knives you sell. Please do not revive old threads for this purpose only, if a thread has been inactive for more than one month consider it off limits.
2. If a member asks a specific question (such as specs, price, availability) about your particular product then you may address that question in the open forum. This only applies if the question is regarding your specific product.
3. In the event that a member posts a complaint about your products or service in the open forum you may resolve the issue in public if you so choose in order to defend your business. Our preference however is that complaints should be brought to the vendors in private before using the open forum.
4. Hobbyists can post COMPLETED items in the Classifieds area. Hobbyists may not advertise that they WILL make something, direct the sales to an external website, or use the Classifieds as a discussion area of their offirings. They may discuss the item up for sale if interested parties request more information.
5. Final interpretation of the above rules will be left up to the discretion of the owners and moderators of the forum.
Our standard (free) memberships are of two levels:
Registered Member - Level I
**Level I membership is for new members. While at this level your title will be Tinder Gatherer.
**Level I members can only START a thread in the Introductions forum (this one), for purposes of introducing themselves.
**Level I members can post in any existing thread, but only in reference to the subject of that thread. There are tens of thousands of threads here, so there are plenty of topics to chose from.
**Level I members' private message ability is 50 messages in their inbox/sent folders.
Registered Member - Level II
**Level II membership begins with the 10th post, when your title changes to Tracker.
**Level II has full free membership benefits, including starting new threads.
**Level II members' private message ability increases to 100 messages in their inbox/sent folders.
Level II members have access to the Downloads section, but are limited to 3 downloads per day.
Members that purchase a Supporting Membership will receive the following benefits:
1. Custom user title
2. Private supporters forum access
3. Increased private message capacity
4. Ability to create threads for trade items in the trade blanket forum
5. User photo album to host your uploaded images
6. Increased limit of daily downloads
7. Ability to post your signature file
8. Ability to create your own hosted blog
9. Access to special offers and giveaways
10. Helping us offset the cost of running the forum and preventing the need for intrusive banner ads