Thread: favorite way to dirtbag it

Thanks

Default favorite way to dirtbag it

so this last weekend I went campin with my mom and dad. dispite all my mom and dads lectures of why I should sleep in a tent, I insisted on dirtbagging it. now let me just say that my parents are strictly base campers, or car campers. that's fine. I am a bushcrafter. I don't bring unnecessary items and I sure as hell don't sleep in a suffocating wall tent with one window. so what I did is I set up my 5x7 all weather blanket (aluminized side down) by tying it from this metal table my dad brought to hold his 10 pound weber grill and 3 dutch ovens, to the wood picnic table that is available at every camp site. laid out my bedroll underneath. from there i dug a Dakota fire pit 3 steps away from a shelter, filled it full of hot coals from the camp fire and slept like a baby. so that got me to thinking about how other people do it. so all i ask if you happen to stumble on to this thread is to let me know your favorite way of dirtbaggin it. doesn't matter how you do it i am just wantin to get some other voices on a more natural way of getting a good nights sleep.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to canoesonmyfeet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 931 Posts

Depends on the weather and time of year. But during the summer months if weather permitting, I just use a bedroll or bag on the ground over a foam pad near the downwind side of the fire.

Thanks

cool man. thanks for the info.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,642 Times in 960 Posts

Treklight double hammock and a Jacks R Better winter tarp next to the inlaws RV, lol!

Thanks

Modular Sleep System from the military.