Thread: Fiskars machete

Scout
    Thanks

Default Fiskars machete

I recently picked up a fiskars machete for 8 bucks from sears. It is a 22 inch latin style machete. It seems decent but the handle is not comfy. Has anyone else tried one of these

2. The Following User Says Thank You to huntingohio For This Useful Post:

Scout Supporter
    Thanks

Ive thought about pickimg on of these up, im gonna have to stop by sears to see if they have them here, I would like to know how it performs but for 8 bucks.....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nczo6 For This Useful Post:

Tracker
    Thanks

I've got one. It'll take a good sharp edge, but the blade is definitely more for softer, greener stuff and grass and brush. It's not a baton-capable blade due to its thin profile and hollow grind, and I am fairly certain you could bend it wailing on hardwoods (for which it isn't designed). However, it does take a nice edge like I said, and can be re-sharpened easily. It gets a little wobbly due to it's length and thin blade, but it's awesome for tall grass and the like. I like it, just make sure you have plenty of room around you...it's still a 22-inch balde that takes a bit of effort to stop once it's moving. And you're right, the handle is a bit odd, but after I used it I got used to it and felt it was comfortable. You could always thin the handle a bit too, if you wanted as I believe they are solid handles, not hollow (I could be wrong on that though).