Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are Canucks supposed to post?

Hybrid View

Dr. Fishguts Bush Class Basic Certified kgd's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,069 Times in 404 Posts

Default What are Canucks supposed to post?

Its pretty cool that BUSA set-up a Canadian forum. But just what is it we are supposed to post about?

-The price difference of Tim Horton's coffee (with or without a harmonized sales tax)?

-Do you prefer your maple fudge cookies with milk or tea?

-How come Canada used to have the good beer compared to the U.S. and now mostly the opposite?

-I think poutine would be much better with yellow cheese curds -- discuss --

-Who has managed to convince their significant other to wear moose poop earrings?

-Did Troy Hurtubise every get to wrestle his Grizzly Bear with his bearproof suit? Where is Troy today?

-Country style donuts holds nostalgia for me, how about you?

-Show off your Grohman folder - the better buck 110!!!

-Where can I buy some genuine Codet wool pants using a Canadian distributor?

Okay, thats it for now.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kgd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,725 Times in 591 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kgd View Post
    Its pretty cool that BUSA set-up a Canadian forum. But just what is it we are supposed to post about?

-The price difference of Tim Horton's coffee (with or without a harmonized sales tax)?

-Do you prefer your maple fudge cookies with milk or tea?

-How come Canada used to have the good beer compared to the U.S. and now mostly the opposite?

-I think poutine would be much better with yellow cheese curds -- discuss --

-Who has managed to convince their significant other to wear moose poop earrings?

-Did Troy Hurtubise every get to wrestle his Grizzly Bear with his bearproof suit? Where is Troy today?

-Country style donuts holds nostalgia for me, how about you?

-Show off your Grohman folder - the better buck 110!!!

-Where can I buy some genuine Codet wool pants using a Canadian distributor?

Okay, thats it for now.
    This is a good place for us to: apologize, say excuse me, bitch about not being able to carry guns, praise health care, bitch about Harper, say Eh! safely, talk about heavy snowfall warnings and studded tires, and monitor Peter Mansbridge's hair loss.

Scout
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ironwood View Post
    This is a good place for us to: apologize, say excuse me, bitch about not being able to carry guns, praise health care, bitch about Harper, say Eh! safely, talk about heavy snowfall warnings and studded tires, and monitor Peter Mansbridge's hair loss.
    Okay, let me make it clear from the get go that I don't want any political fighting to ensue due to my question which is this:

You mentioned "praise healthcare". How do you Canadian's really feel about your healthcare system? We only get very politically charged hype one direction or the other from the media, etc. here in the U.S.

Based on your comment, I can only guess that you like the Canadian system personally, and I have had political discussions with KGD in the past, so I think he might lean the same way. I have talked to several Canadian's however who can't stand it. What say all of our Canadian members?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BCForager View Post
    Okay, let me make it clear from the get go that I don't want any political fighting to ensue due to my question which is this:

You mentioned "praise healthcare". How do you Canadian's really feel about your healthcare system? We only get very politically charged hype one direction or the other from the media, etc. here in the U.S.

Based on your comment, I can only guess that you like the Canadian system personally, and I have had political discussions with KGD in the past, so I think he might lean the same way. I have talked to several Canadian's however who can't stand it. What say all of our Canadian members?
    I personally like the health care system. There has been a lot of pressure in recent years to change it. I think most recently they wanted to create a "tiered system" that would allow the rich to have more coverage than the less well off.

With any system, there are going to be flaws, but I like being able to walk into a clinic, hospital or my doctors office when I'm sick and not worry how that is going to kill my budget. I like not having to worry about an HMO bending me over and lacing the KY with shards of glass.

Most of the biggest complaints I've heard are actually from the health care professionals who don't like being told they aren't legally allowed to charge whatever they want. Fees are standardized, so no over-billing can occur. The biggest issue we're having is the migration of doctors south of the border to where they can make a lot more money.

EvilPhil

Well now, all sorts of things you could talk about.

You could try to answer for the horrible crime of not insisting that
    Trailer Park Boys go on for another five seasons.

Woods Bum Supporter
    Bush Class Basic Certified
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,074 Times in 3,281 Posts

MEC has some pretty good stuff we can't get here (though i forget what, exactly... came up on another forum a few years ago).

you could discuss Red Green, and explain the suspenders thing for us...

you could (and here i'm being serious) post on anything unique to your neck of the woods, bushcraft-wise. for example, your wildlife and vegetation are much different than mine here in Louisiana... i might post about how to keep cottonmouths out of the bateau... you might post about how large a pile of rocks it takes to keep a wolverine out of your cache. you get the idea...
    "Take a course in good water and air; and in the eternal youth of Nature you may renew your own. Go quietly, alone; no harm will befall you." John Muir

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    MEC has some pretty good stuff we can't get here (though i forget what, exactly... came up on another forum a few years ago).

you could discuss Red Green, and explain the suspenders thing for us...

you could (and here i'm being serious) post on anything unique to your neck of the woods, bushcraft-wise. for example, your wildlife and vegetation are much different than mine here in Louisiana... i might post about how to keep cottonmouths out of the bateau... you might post about how large a pile of rocks it takes to keep a wolverine out of your cache. you get the idea...
    you can order MEC stuff online and have it sent to you. and its the 40th year so there is a sale.

Thanks

In regards to the beer, it's because just about all the big breweries have sold out to american companies! lol. Molsons was pretty much the last big one, and they sold out a few years back.

Labatt - now owned by belgians.
    Molson - merged with (shudder) Coors
    Sleeman - Owned by a Japanese company.
    Carling - merged with Molson (see above)
    Lakeport - owned by Labatt (see above)

We still have Keiths and Moosehead though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ursinos View Post
    In regards to the beer, it's because just about all the big breweries have sold out to american companies! lol. Molsons was pretty much the last big one, and they sold out a few years back.

+1 (or 12 or a twofour) on the Keith's

Scout
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ursinos View Post

KOKANEE is now owned by a brazilian brewing company if ya never tried it its a mighy fine brew

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast