Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sierra Trading Post

Thanks

Thumbs up Sierra Trading Post

Hey everyone!

This is not a gear review, but a review of customer service from Sierra Trading Post.

I have been shopping with these folks for a couple of years. I would call them an outlet company. Some of the deals I have gotten over the years have been amazing! I am on their email list and they send out frequent internet coupons. This is where you save BIG TIME!

But that is not the reason for my review.

I ordered my Stepson a Slumberjack 20 degree sleeping bag. It was shipped within a day like all the orders have been. We got it yesterday and Trevor was very excited about his new bag. Now according to the box it should have come with a stuff sack. There was not one in the box or the plastic bag the sleeping bag came in. I stuck my arm down into the bag and found nothing. I looked on the paperwork for a phone number or email for Slumberjack and could not find one. So today I called Sierra Trading Post to see if they had contact info for Slumberjack. I spoke with David. I explained the situation to him, I made it clear that I DID NOT HOLD Sierra trading Poat responsible for this. He took all the info down and put it into his computer. He said that he would send it on to mgt and that they would send us a stuff sack by Fri. I told him that they did not have to do that, it was not their fault. He said no we will make it right and I would hear back from him by Fri.

Well I got a call a few hours later. I did not get to the phone in time but it was David and he left me a message stating that the stuff sack should be in the bottom of the bag with the zipper holding the cord. Well my wife and I both had looked but but this time I unzipped the bag completely and sure enough there was the stuff sack. Well feeling a bit embarassed I called David back and told him we found it. Anyway I was very impressed that they were willing to send a new one out and the speed in which David dealt with this.

Kuddos to Sierra Trading Post!
    Last edited by sarge1967; 03-16-2011 at 06:44 PM.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sarge1967 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 687 Posts

Good story and good to know another good company to deal with.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,700 Times in 1,318 Posts

I'd say great customer service. Makes you wanna do business with people like that again!
    USN Veteran U.S. Naval Intelligence

Lose yourself in nature and you will find yourself at home!

Low man on the totem pole Supporter MK-9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,111 Times in 663 Posts

Guess I should have made an attempt to return the 3 pairs of convertible hiking pants I picked up from them about a year ago eh? They didn't even come close to fitting. At 34" waist I should have been able to get them past my thighs. Every other pair of pants / shorts I have are 32" or 34" and fit or are slightly loose, lol.

Your post just goes to show you making an effort might help a little. My own fault for not getting on it.
    Last edited by MK-9; 03-16-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,076 Times in 3,153 Posts
    Items for Sale

I have purchased from them numerous times myself, and they are a great retailer. I have never heard of anyone having trouble with them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:

J

Thanks

They get two thumbs up from me too.
    Excellent communication and customer
    service is top notch.

Bushmaster
    Thanks

great to hear - my orders from them have been perfect so far, but good to know they are there if you need them.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to solocanoe For This Useful Post:

J

The Outdoors Accountant Supporter Throc's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 377 Posts

I've always had great experiences with them. I've been ordering from them since 2003 and have yet to have a problem. Let's hope it stays that way.

Guide
    Thanks

Been dealing with them for a number of years now and have never had an issue with them.

Thanks

They are a great outfit. I get a lot of stuff there and they tell you on the invoice how much money you have saved for both that order, and all the orders you have ever made. Of course it is off of suggested retail but its still a place where you can get a good value and their customer service has always been top notch.
    Last edited by wsdstan; 03-17-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast