Thread: Russian 22lr surok ammo

Tinder Gatherer
    Thanks

Default Russian 22lr surok ammo

Hello and good day.Im looking for some ammo they sold a few years back it is made in Russia and is either nickle or chrome plated steel.The name of the ammo is surock I have read on other forums where people don't like them because there's to much wax on the bullet and one guy thought they were aluminum cased so I got a magnet because I thought they were nickle plated steel well I was right I got one and my magnet and the ammo stuck to the magnet.The guy who thought they were aluminum was having a hard time getting them to extract in his bolt action.But I love this ammo I have posted on other forums that im looking for this ammo but all I get is people reading what I wrote no responses yet but I know there is somebody out there who has and would sell this ammo I just have to find them.Thank you very much for your time and have a great day.My email is exist246@aol.com P.S.I don't care if you have a partial box a full box or a brick just send me a email with the price you are asking when you email me please put surok in the subject box thank you.

Guide
    Thanks

In the early 90s, it was also trademarked as "Junior" in a seafoam green paper box. Was a rooster maybe on the box? Don't recall now.

Steel cased with what I took to be a zinc phosphate finish.

It was cheap-actually less so than the really cheap Wal~Mart domestic stuff, but still inexpensive.

It smoked like a crematorium. The lube was applied with a bricklayer's trowel. It was pretty dirty, too.

But it shot 7/8" with a box stock 10-22. It was quiet enough to suggest subsonic velocities.

Good luck. It was neat stuff indeed.

Elder
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,184 Times in 2,427 Posts

I had a box of that Junior ammo, it was terrible!

One in every three rounds was dud, or only went off after multiple strikes.

I pulled every remaining slug on the duds, and now am using them for either casting round balls or for making saps

I have only had good experiences with other Russian .22 ammo like Wolf. But when it comes to that Junior stuff...ugh.
    PMZ

Thanks

The lube on the casing would gum up a Drill Press or the NYC subway!Sucks still have a few box's to test on different firearms.

Tinder Gatherer
    Thanks

Default Surok ammo

Hello and good day.I was wondering if you were taliking about the Russian made surok or the junior which is junk.I had some and went to the river to shoot and sometimes I would get a boom or a ftf junior is bad ammo I know a guy who is supposed to have a brick of this ammo well I didn't make him an offer on it since sometimes you get a boom and sometimes just a pop I have a short barreled 22 lr and it would shoot with a pop with this ammo I keept haveing to check my bore to make sure there wasn't a bullet traped in there lucky for me it didn't happen.But the surok is a whole different ball game even though it came from Russia I like it alot but haven't been able to find any for sale.I offered tonight $10.00 a box of fifty for the surok brand.He Had emailed me back saying he didn't want to sell it because he liked it for his 10/22.At first I offered him $5.00 a piece for his surok ammo 50 round a boxs and I guess that wasn't enough because he turned me down so I hope he will sell me 1 box of fifty rounds for $10 dollars he can buy some cci or better.Ammo If you have some surok ammo you want to sell just email me at exist246@aol.com Thanks Again.P.S.please email me back and let me know either way so I don't have to wonder.Thanks again.Put surok in the subject box so I will know it is from you and not just junk mail.Thanks Again.

Guide
    Thanks

I had zero problems with it. It all went off.