Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: boots Danner or Chippewa

Tinder Gatherer
    Thanks

Default boots Danner or Chippewa

Anyone have any experience with either of these?

Scout
    Thanks

buy the ones that FIT. Both are good brands. But the best boot will give you blisters (or worse) if it isn't the right shape for your foot.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,998 Times in 966 Posts

IMHO Danners are the bomb for me , found them early and have stuck with them , the chippewas look lik a good boot but have never tried them.
    The Cisco Kid is a friend of mine:)

[B]THE AXE MOB

FORMERLY KNOWN AS HOP

Tracker
    Thanks

I have been VERY dissapointed with my last two pairs of Danners. They were the Chinese variety though. I have a pair of Pronghorns (?), that are shot after 9 months. I've been switching over to Bates military issue myself. So far, I'm pretty impressed. Especially with the price.

Scout Bush Class Basic Certified
    Thanks

For what it is worth, I have a pair of Danner Pronghorns that are doing well for me. No leaks so far. Although they are the China ones, all I could afford at the time.

Blissful simpleton Supporter brionic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,755 Times in 1,704 Posts

I have been - or was - pleased with my MUSA Danner Ft. Lewis boots. Top quality, bombproof, comfortable, and warm.

I have nothing against any particular brand, but bear in mind that most Made in China boots are literally just branded for whomever the reseller is and are sold to specific price points. That doesn't mean you can't get decent quality MIC boots, but be aware that the name on the side doesn't always measure the value.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,188 Times in 565 Posts

Only Danners I've worn are the 453 GTX, I like em cause I can get them off the shelf in EE, difficult to find wide boots for me, they last about a year and half of daily wear before the soles smooth out, still fine for yard work for a time after that, I've been buy em for about 6 years now, maybe longer...

never had the chippewa boots

Thanks

I have nothing but praise for my Fort Lewis boots. I wear them to work everyday for the last 12 years. Michigan - all year round. Warm, waterproof, and the fit my foot like a moccasin. Break in period for me is usually measured in days rather than weeks. Before that is was Rocky's. Two words - they sucked.

Never worn the others.

Scout
    Thanks

I've had extensive experience with Danners and they are excellent boots especially for hard use.

The exception would probably be the lightweight Strikers. They were not particularly sturdy.

Bates is equivalent to off the shelf stuff at Walmart and Kmart. I've never had anything from Bates that lasted long especially when worn in the field in the desert. It is however lightweight.

Just my 1.5 cents.

Guide
    Thanks

Bates just stink!!! literally!!! Got a set of side zip boots and them were the nastiest things I've ever had! They did not breathe and sucked in water!!! Bates...NEVER AGAIN!!!

I want to try a pair of Danner boots...best friend is a Game Warden and he has been in Danner boots for over 15 years and swears by them...he says that with the miles he puts on them that I could get closet to 3 years of wear out of a pair of them. He's got a pair of strikers and likes them due to the light weight and tennis shoe comfort but will be quick to tell ya that they don't last as long as his pronghorns!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast