Thread: Help with Machete ID

drewhelean

Default Help with Machete ID

Hey everyone, I recently picked up a machete at my local Salvation Army. I bought it because it has what looks like a unique leather sheath (normally I wouldn't buy something like this but, it spoke to me). I got home and tried to get some information on it but, haven't been able to find much more than is on the makers sticker that is still on the blade. The sticker reads:

La Marca Corneta Garantiza (From what I can find this is the maker)
    Una calidad insuperable
    Que se devuelva al vendedor
    Si esta hoja no sale buena
    Santa Ana El Salvado C.A.

I found a website that claims to have info on this but, they want me to sign up before they will give it to me which raises all kinds of red flags for me. If anyone has any info on this it would really be appreciated. There seems to be no edge at all and it looks unused. I have included some pics (including one of the sticker on the blade). Thanks in advance for any info you might have on this.

Drew
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Those machetes were carried in the military exchanges in Panama, and were serviceable brush knives, even if not quite up to the Ontario military issue machetes. Unfortunately, Uncle Sam didn't issue everyone a machete, so most troops in the field bought their own. Given the ornate sheath, I'd guess that it was bought at a tourist shop somewhere. Keep in mind that my experience with them was more than 30 years ago, and I have no idea what the present quality standards are for them.

pat

drewhelean

Thanks Pat, that is exactly the kind of info I was looking for.