Thread: Daisy 1894

Hardwoodsman Bush Class Intermediate Certified
    Supporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,711 Times in 2,283 Posts
    Items for Sale

Default Daisy 1894

Not really a firearm but kinda cool I think...

I have a person selling what looks to be a nice Daisy 1894 BB gun. This is just a piece of childhood nostalgia. My brother had one and I thought it was the coolest thing. It's modeled after the Winchester 1894.

Does anyone have one of these still? What should I offer for one?
    It Don't matter where I'm at cause right now I sure ain't here.
    Seek the Eagles, not the Parrots....
    The answer you seek can only be observed in the Cookie jar bottom Young one, Ask the cookies, your answer here shall be... So Sayeth the "Book of Black"!

Bushmaster
    Thanks

I honestly don't know what to tell ya to offer for it, Sweeney - but I do thank you for the INSTANT "teleport" to my childhood!

Red Ryders, 1894's, and the old pumps...we 'boys' of the neighborhood used to have bb gun wars all the time! If I scrunch my forehead just right...you can still see a near perfect impression of a BB. lol. how DID we ever make it out of our youths?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solocanoe View Post
    I honestly don't know what to tell ya to offer for it, Sweeney - but I do thank you for the INSTANT "teleport" to my childhood!

Red Ryders, 1894's, and the old pumps...we 'boys' of the neighborhood used to have bb gun wars all the time! If I scrunch my forehead just right...you can still see a near perfect impression of a BB. lol. how DID we ever make it out of our youths?

45 years ago we did the same, one group held up in the tree fort the other shooting from the ground. The ricochet inside the tree fort was sometimes the best shot, I still can hear my Moms voice " its all fun till somebody loses and eye" How did we make it? "With a lot of great memories I say".

I saw those at Walmart for about $50

Hardwoodsman Bush Class Intermediate Certified
    Supporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,711 Times in 2,283 Posts
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwalker View Post
    45 years ago we did the same, one group held up in the tree fort the other shooting from the ground. The ricochet inside the tree fort was sometimes the best shot, I still can hear my Moms voice " its all fun till somebody loses and eye" How did we make it? "With a lot of great memories I say".

I saw those at Walmart for about $50
    Ha...Yeah BB gun wars. They were awesome till the multi-pump bb guns came out.

I try and tell my wife it's basically what airsoft is today.

How long ago if I might ask? From what I've been reading they don't make them anymore. This model is from the 60's
    It Don't matter where I'm at cause right now I sure ain't here.
    Seek the Eagles, not the Parrots....
    The answer you seek can only be observed in the Cookie jar bottom Young one, Ask the cookies, your answer here shall be... So Sayeth the "Book of Black"!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeneyguy View Post
    Ha...Yeah BB gun wars. They were awesome till the multi-pump bb guns came out.

I try and tell my wife it's basically what airsoft is today.

How long ago if I might ask? From what I've been reading they don't make them anymore. This model is from the 60's

I live in BC just north of Belingham WA I saw them there a month ago, may not have been that exact model but very similar.

Bushmaster
    Thanks

Sweeney, my google fu struck out at first...at least for the older ones...

then I found a link for a Daisy collectors club - and from there this place with some vintage 1894's for sale.

http://www.daisyking.com/forsale/rifles-daisy.htm

this site's home page DOES go into detail about "beauty in the eye of beholder" and "air guns aren't as collectable as full-on firearms", etc... but this may give you some idea of what's out there for the older ones.

Daisy also has a museum in Rogers, AR:

http://www.daisymuseum.com/

there's a link on the home page that says "want to know more about your old Daisy?"
    maybe they can give you some more ideas? ???

DancesWithaTrout

The Model you have is from 1973-1978 based on the box, they were part of the "Spitten Image" series and was a mate to the .45 Peace-Maker. The rifles holds 20 BB's and out of the box shot pretty hard but has leather seals and they go pretty fast w/o silicone oil. Daisy Repair Stations no put rubber silcone seals in them when they are in for service. They do have a serial number and with that a more accurate date of birth can be determined. A re-seal will cost about $23 at any Daisy repair station.

Current prices range from $50 for non working to $250 perfect in the box. Mid range prices are from $100 to $175 in working non damaged condition.

The current model found in Wal-Marts and other big box stores suffer from NO Power and are easily damaged due to cheapened materials.

One of the older models came with a FLAT barrel band and those are highly sought after and prices can easily go to $500......they were only made for 3 months and with a low production qty.

In 1971, same gun, different design that allowed the use of a FAKE 30-30 cartridge to be loaded with a BB or a .173 pellet (not .177) and could load 5 of these fake cartridges and was able to be cocked, shot and reloaded just like a real 1894. There were about 800 made before a law suit stopped it's production. It can sell in bad condition for about $800 and is the 2nd most valuable Daisy next to the TOP Valued one of the side x side Model 21 Daisy, looks just like a real Mod 21 and those in bad condition can go for an easy $2000.

Hope this answers any questions... please feel free to PM me with pics so I can give a more accurate eval and value.

Scout
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solocanoe View Post

You made it out by being a lot tougher than the run of the mill crop of today's youth that has crying fits everytime they don't get their way every single second of the day.

Bushwhacker Supporter
    Bush Class Basic Certified
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,304 Times in 2,353 Posts

Nice Looking But Brother Watch out "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out " LOL But Really Looks Cool !!
    “The longest journey of any person is the journey inward”