Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with my new Ruger 22/45 Threaded Barrel

Dutch253

Exclamation Help with my new Ruger 22/45 Threaded Barrel

I'm really needing some help! I'm trying to find some good sights for my new Ruger 22/45 Threaded Barrel. I got a set of Williams Fire Sights and they look amazing, the website said they fit the MKIII 22/45 (same model that I have) but they clearly do not come even remotely close to fitting. I have searched high and low. Ruger does sell a replacement front sight only but I want a set. I called every single gun store in a 50 mile radius of my house, brownell's, cabelas, gunbroker.com and got nothing! I'm really stumped, anyone know anywhere else I might look?
    On a side note, I took my pistol apart for the first time to clean it, reassembled it and now the slide release wont work, slide sticks when I rack it etc......so theres another $75 down the drain to have a gun smith unf**k it!

Thanks

Go Back to your manuel and read it, then with it open in front of you break down the gun again and then put it back together. Sounds like when you put it back together you did not have something in proper position.

Dutch253

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeoSquirrel View Post
    Go Back to your manuel and read it, then with it open in front of you break down the gun again and then put it back together. Sounds like when you put it back together you did not have something in proper position.
    I tried that, I cant even get the take down lever to fold completely out now. Its really strange because when I put it back together I used the manual and didn't force anything in.

Thanks

When you did all of that all parts were present and accounted for, if so before you take it to a gun smith, take it back to the gun shop you got it from. See if someone there can help first. also if the gun shop you got it from inturn got it from supplier like Davidsons then it has a lifetime warranty and if so should be repaired or replaced no problem. It is possible that you are just missing some small little step. We recently had one in our shop and it was working fine but we did just have a new Ruger LC-9 that self destructed after 3 rounds. I don't know if you got a lemon or you are just missing some little step.

Scout Bush Class Basic Certified sidecarr's Avatar
    Thanks

You probably have something in wrong ,putting those back together is a pain ,make sure you hold the gun at the angles they tell you to or it wont go together right , first time I took mine apart had the same problem

Dutch253

Yeah I'm pretty certain its something small that I messed up in the reassemble. Can either of you guys give me some insight as to where to find sights for it? Like I said earlier I'm at wit's end, I checked everywhere I can think of.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,795 Times in 7,575 Posts

If the Williams Site said it would fit, I would call or contact Williams and see if they can offer an explanation or an option. It may be the wrong sight in the package, or a change in production. At least contact them.
    Nemo me impune lacessit !

Wisdom is knowing what to do; Skill is knowing how to do it ; Character is what lets you actually do the job.
    New Turley Knife Club Member #59

Thanks

Any sight or pistol scope that is designed to fit on rails should go right on. The rails on that pistol are standard size so there are lots of different ones that should fit nicely. In the info on each sight may not specifically say for that model pistol but if it attaches via piccitinny rails then it should match right up. Most of the Red dot and Halo type sites should work great.

Dutch253

Quote Originally Posted by GreyOne View Post
    If the Williams Site said it would fit, I would call or contact Williams and see if they can offer an explanation or an option. It may be the wrong sight in the package, or a change in production. At least contact them.
    Yeah I'm going to call them Tuesday. I'm almost positive the dovetail where the sight sits changed from the previous model 22/45 to this one but the box on the sights say, "fits MKIII 22/45" and thats what I have.

Dutch253

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeoSquirrel View Post
    Any sight or pistol scope that is designed to fit on rails should go right on. The rails on that pistol are standard size so there are lots of different ones that should fit nicely. In the info on each sight may not specifically say for that model pistol but if it attaches via piccitinny rails then it should match right up. Most of the Red dot and Halo type sites should work great.
    At this point I'm just looking for some normal fiber optic sights that mount where the pistol's stock sights are, not an optic system. That would be an easy fix all I would need is to buy the picatinny rail and slap on an optic. I was kind of hoping to get the normal sights while I save the cash that a real optic is going to cost me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast