Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 233

Thread: show us your spam

  1. #21
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    13,442
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1,426 Times in 1,211 Posts

    Default

    Spam doesn't have to be boring anymore........


  2. #22
    Bushmaster Ahnkochee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ka'elepulu, Hawai'i
    Posts
    5,162
    Thanks
    8,545
    Thanked 8,157 Times in 1,826 Posts

    Default

    Here's an Island favorite: Spam Musubi. Great for packing on day hikes or for when out on the boat day.



    Hawaiians we LOVE out SPAM! http://www.spamjamhawaii.com/

  3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ahnkochee For This Useful Post:


  4. #23
    Scout dog.breath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    872
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 239 Times in 107 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahnkochee View Post
    Here's an Island favorite: Spam Musubi. Great for packing on day hikes or for when out on the boat day.

    I love that stuff!

  5. #24
    Guide rb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,285
    Thanks
    587
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 501 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeDominick View Post
    dont they have a vegetarian spam called... sp-veg-am.
    Could be. They do a lot with TVP (texturized vegitable protien) and Seitan (wheat gluten) I made TVP Taco's for my daughter and her friends and they never knew it wasn't hamburger.

    Before anyone starts defending thier right to eat meat please know I have no issues with anyone else eating meat, I just chose not to. I'm 220lbs so it hasn't effected my growth any. You can also get all the protien you need from plant based foods.

    Lastly, I would suggest to anyone to look into TVP as a survival food. It packs light, can be prepared with just boiled water and can be flavored to taste like anyting. Plus it has tons of protien. I take it on every backpacking trip I do.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rb For This Useful Post:


  7. #25
    Scout
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    489
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 45 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    Sliced, baked, fried, broiled, boiled, smoked, thick, thin, on sandwich, salad, with eggs, potatoes, beans, jelly, in the can, outa the can.

  8. #26
    Scout NELABushman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sterlington, La
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    141
    Thanked 96 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    Lol I grew up on spam and Vienna sausage. My dad n pops used ta tell us it was army food. Took a long time for me to figure out we were broke lol. Spam n eggs is really good as is cold spam baked spam fried spam etc etc in bubba gump fashion.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to NELABushman For This Useful Post:


  10. #27
    Scout NELABushman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sterlington, La
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    141
    Thanked 96 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    My great uncle got addicted to it during ww2 or Korea one or the other. He swears up and down that was all he ate the whole time lol

  11. #28
    Scout Aguineapig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southern Maine
    Posts
    929
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 170 Times in 94 Posts

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard View Post
    Before anyone starts defending thier right to eat meat please know I have no issues with anyone else eating meat, I just chose not to. I'm 220lbs so it hasn't effected my growth any. You can also get all the protien you need from plant based foods.
    It ain't the protein its the damn saturated fat! Other than coconut oil and palm oil its hard to find a good source of the stuff that doesn't come from an animal. One of the best most satiating foods once you get past the bugaboo the medical establishment has put on the stuff. I also tend to avoid soy foods unless fermented due to issues with thyroid and estrogen levels. Fermented soy is OK because it destroys the phyto-estrogens present in it. Tempeh and soy sauce are both fermented and are ok in small amounts.

    Sorry for the ramble, I am a health nerd

  12. #29
    Guide rb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,285
    Thanks
    587
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 501 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aguineapig View Post
    It ain't the protein its the damn saturated fat! Other than coconut oil and palm oil its hard to find a good source of the stuff that doesn't come from an animal. One of the best most satiating foods once you get past the bugaboo the medical establishment has put on the stuff. I also tend to avoid soy foods unless fermented due to issues with thyroid and estrogen levels. Fermented soy is OK because it destroys the phyto-estrogens present in it. Tempeh and soy sauce are both fermented and are ok in small amounts.

    Sorry for the ramble, I am a health nerd
    No appologies needed, we all have to adapt to our own needs. I enjoy listening to others thoughts and opinions.. that's why I joined a forum.

  13. #30
    Guide Supporter rusty stove's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,913
    Thanks
    8,919
    Thanked 4,696 Times in 1,253 Posts

    Default

    love the single packs......


  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rusty stove For This Useful Post:


Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •