Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your 'medicine'?

Moderator/Staff Bush Class Basic Certified
    Vendor
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,142 Times in 6,258 Posts

My very used and loved Guyot/GSI combo thats been baptised in fire many times over. Bottom is all bent in, neck is bent too. Cup has rainbow annod from all the heat...Just been a good comapadre. Many cups of coffee, and occasional fingers of whiskey around a fire with good friends.

WILDEROXEN Supporter
    Bush Class Basic Certified
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,145 Times in 3,962 Posts

Medicine Bundles, bags,Rawhide Cases to me Charms of great meaning that can be a first Good Arrowhead you made, a bit of coal from a great or famous camp fire a lock of hair of a spouse I have my medicine bundles that I have added bits to for Thirty years all very meaningful and personnel not treasures or anything of great value other than the connection to the bit and the Memory or event...memory aid?.Medicine Shields like Protector with a connection and tale meaningful to you good luck,Protection.

A Challenge coin in a Wallet a dog tag of yours or a old Mate all Medicine IMO
    Places Some places are calming you feel alive you can have one or many you will know when you get there. Good medicine place again its yours kinda a gift for you
    we pick up on Bad Medicine places too again you will know where those are at when you get there.
    I dont know if I will ever understand "Medicine" but its Crystal clear lol
    Wow I better go to bed lol

M/BK
    http://www.youtube.com/user/OperationalExtras http://operationalextras.wordpress.com/
    LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
    Tracker Pack # 1/Flint Tracker Pack #1

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Black For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Aspirin, I always have it with me out in the woods! Oh wait a minute, you were talking about a "lucky charm"! I actually don't have one. That's not to say I might not have one later on, though.

Indoor Outsider Supporter
    Hobbyist
    Vendor
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,289 Times in 798 Posts

I wear a religious medallion around my neck. It has Saint Christopher on one side, and the U.S. Navy logo on the other. My parents gave it to me when I left for boot camp in 1993 and I've been wearing it ever since. For those who don't know, Saint Christopher is the patron saint of sailors and travelers.

After breaking (wearing out) several chains over the years, I now wear it on a piece of green paracord.

Looker
    Last edited by Looker; 09-27-2011 at 09:58 AM.
    God Bless America, and those who defend her.
    Anybody can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad.

BladeScrounger #14

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Looker For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Proverbs 17:22 (AMP) A happy heart is good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing, but a broken spirit dries up the bones.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acelticwarrior For This Useful Post:

Talfuchre

Looker - I have one just like that but it has the EGA on the back (Eagle Globe and Anchor). I wore it through bootcamp.

I am not an overtly religious person so I do not wear it any more. However, I am glad Sgt. Mac carries his bible - that dude needs all the help he can get!

Also - I REALLY like that Psalm AW - seems very true.

I am not sure what my medicine is - that is why I brought it up. However, the last few years it has been the knife on my hip. I have only carried a few on a regular basis - and I love my current few. I feel like I can get a lot done if I have my knife. It makes me feel more secure in the woods.

TF

Scout Bush Class Basic Certified
    Thanks

The knife I wear on my belt, above all else holds the most medicine for me. Second would be my fire kit. Those 2 items are almost like an invisible shield for me.

WILDEROXEN Supporter
    Bush Class Basic Certified
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,145 Times in 3,962 Posts

Elvis was asked by a reporter why he wore a Cross and the Star of David

Elvis answered that he did not want to miss out on Heaven on a Technicality

What I thought odd he also sported a TCB Taking care of Buisness...With a big Lightning bolt through it?
    And died from too much Medicine

Ok Good night all
    M/BK
    http://www.youtube.com/user/OperationalExtras http://operationalextras.wordpress.com/
    LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
    Tracker Pack # 1/Flint Tracker Pack #1

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Black For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My Case XX pocket knife with antler handles. I take it everywhere and it's in every pocket of jeans/shorts I wear if I'm going to the field or to a wedding, always there. I lost it once, fell out of my pocket in my truck, for a few days and it was like losing my right arm.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to hughhaff For This Useful Post:

Thanks

A small dice that i found in the dead of night in a gravel lot by random, and a handcuff key. when people ask why i say the dice is for good luck and the key is to get me out of trouble when the luck fails

16. The Following User Says Thank You to probie For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast