Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Canvas - Pics -share?

Thanks

Has buckle closure but behind the buckles it also has a snap closure for quick access also has a open pocket on the back side. each piece of canvas is double layered. and all leather straps are sewn as well as a rivet holding it in the shoulder strap is also a buckle type adjustment
    Last edited by Bushcraftgeek; 04-22-2012 at 12:02 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bushcraftgeek For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kyhunt View Post
    No in the field pictures of my packe but here is my LLbean that I have had for a few years.I dont much about packs but I do really like this pack. Its been my overnight bag to see realitives, my hunting back (just throw an orange t-shirt over it), my camping bag,day hike bag and even my briefcase for a bit when my brief case broke. I have often thought of trying something elses but love this bag. I just reapplied spray to it yesterday for an upcoming trip in a few weeks.

Love this pack Just can't afford it

Scout Supporter
    Bush Class Basic Certified
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,098 Times in 264 Posts

Wow, there's some seriously nice canvas bags in this thread. Nothing so fancy here. Just a couple of heavily used and beaten surplus shoulder satchels. I've been using various versions for fishing and hunting since I was a kid. I've been using these particular ones for at least 15 years.

My fishing bag. I keep the shoulder strap short so I can wade in deep water without drowning my lure box. I cut an interior pouch out and re-sewed it on the outside to hold pliers. Everything is in easy reach. I don't think I've ever actually closed the flap like in this photo, though.

My bowhunting bag. I throw my quiver over one shoulder and the bag over the other. Nice pockets inside for pruning snips, flashlight, knife, and deer drag. My take-down seat fits pretty well in there, too, along with a neck gaiter and warm hat. The "olive" has faded so much, that the O.D. is now just "drab". This one has seen hundreds of hunts, and its fair share of wild game.

Guide Supporter

Thanks
    Thanked 1,011 Times in 471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roamer View Post
    Nice setup sdj. Looks like a real handy murse.

What is the sewn leather pouch thing to the left of the bag? Have you posted about that before? Got more pix?
    Yes, I made that little "holster" out of 5/6 tooling leather. It was one of my first "wetforming" leather project.
    http://bushcraftusa.com/forum/showth...148#post861148
    It has a spot for my Opinel No8 knife as well as a spot for a 3" tin. Inside the tin I have a "one handed" UST fire steel, about 10 feet of jute twine, a small piece of fatwood, and a couple of pieces of sharpening compound for my strop. it is attached to a piece of tubular webbing which is my "belt kit" and contains a Frost Mora Clipper, leather strop glued to a paint stick and duct taped to the sheath of the Frost Mora, a small pair of binoculars that I use in my "Nature watching". The whole belt kit weighs 19 oz and has all the tools I use most often.
    another winter is starting and I still like... wood, wool, canvas, leather ...
    Bushclass Interm Lessons Completed(Req.=1/11, Elect.=3/12 Outings=0/10)

Guide Supporter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gruxxx View Post
    Wow, there's some seriously nice canvas bags in this thread. Nothing so fancy here. Just a couple of heavily used and beaten surplus shoulder satchels. I've been using various versions for fishing and hunting since I was a kid. I've been using these particular ones for at least 15 years.

My fishing bag. I keep the shoulder strap short so I can wade in deep water without drowning my lure box. I cut an interior pouch out and re-sewed it on the outside to hold pliers. Everything is in easy reach. I don't think I've ever actually closed the flap like in this photo, though.

My bowhunting bag. I throw my quiver over one shoulder and the bag over the other. Nice pockets inside for pruning snips, flashlight, knife, and deer drag. My take-down seat fits pretty well in there, too, along with a neck gaiter and warm hat. The "olive" has faded so much, that the O.D. is now just "drab". This one has seen hundreds of hunts, and its fair share of wild game.
    Nice setups. I like your style. Simple and practical. I can tell they have been tested and used. I like it when people post their well "used gear" not just new gear.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,069 Times in 683 Posts

Pshychosis: Me likeum. But, um, what is it and where can it be obtained?

Quote Originally Posted by psychosisd999 View Post

Has buckle closure but behind the buckles it also has a snap closure for quick access also has a open pocket on the back side. each piece of canvas is double layered. and all leather straps are sewn as well as a rivet holding it in the shoulder strap is also a buckle type adjustment
    "The wildwood is an enchanted realm, and those who would its wonders see must first obey its commands." - Ellsworth Yaeger, "Wildwood Wisdom," 1955

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roamer View Post
    Pshychosis: Me likeum. But, um, what is it and where can it be obtained?
    Got it from goodwill but the brand epic is actually as far as i can find a brand sold out in UK they sell luggage and different shoulder bags. epic travelgear is the company http://www.epictravelgear.com/ but can't get there site to load though other vendors sell it in UK.

can't find this specific bag though but amazon or ebay might have some but not sure about my specific one. Although it could just be called epic and company may be a different one
    Last edited by Bushcraftgeek; 04-23-2012 at 09:02 AM.

Thanks

I love that quiver!!!! Where did you get it?

Tracker
    Thanks

Bushcraftgeek, I bought mine about 6 years or so ago when they were still around $95. At the time it came in 2 sizes, this size and a smaller one. Now they only sell one size.I had some B-day money and needed a pack and had been eyeballing that one for about a year. Its been a good pack. Really cant imagine parting with it. I know its silly to be attached to a piece of gear that much. But I really think it would be the last piece of gear I would part with if I had to start parting with gear.
    Last edited by kyhunt; 04-25-2012 at 07:27 AM.

Guide Supporter

Thanks

Is that a folding chair in your bag? I have seen small ones, but they looked to cheap. If that is a folding chair it looks pretty solid.
    What kind is it?

Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast