Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What Companies Stand Behind Their Products?

Guide Bush Class Basic Certified DCP's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,773 Times in 828 Posts

Glad you had good CS from Gerber I had to send in my multi tool yesterday, one of the caps over the pins fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by One Legged Josh View Post
    Grand Trunk hammocks.
    Gerber multi-tools
    Nalgene

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DCP For This Useful Post:

Woods Bum Supporter
    Bush Class Basic Certified
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,350 Times in 4,368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by In-ScoutMaster View Post
    Coleman I had a battery powered lantern that had an intermitten problem.I emailed them,they said destroy the one you have and email us pics,and they sent me a new one.My son was thrilled he got to destroy the old one with a hammer lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zornt View Post
    I messed up my Mini Maglight. Sent them an email telling them what I did and asked for price for replacement parts. They sent parts at no charge and included very nice instructions on how to fix it. Great people..
    I slammed my trunk lid on a friend's Coleman cooler, breaking the collapsible handle. i asked to buy a replacement part. they don't make them, so they sent me a whole new cooler. free. amazing.

i sent 2 of my old mini mags in for repair after they got corroded. they were cleaned and repaired free of charge. i was a little torqued that they didn't replace one of the light bulbs (claimed they couldn't contact me though i had given them my cell phone number and mailing address), but i was just happy to get the end caps replaced and the tubes rebored/cleaned for free.
    "Take a course in good water and air; and in the eternal youth of Nature you may renew your own. Go quietly, alone; no harm will befall you." John Muir

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Seeker For This Useful Post:

Guide Bush Class Intermediate Certified Davros's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,063 Times in 522 Posts

I try to buy most of my gear at REI because they stand behind all their products wether its their brand or not and they have a very liberal return policy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Davros For This Useful Post:

Indoor Outsider Supporter
    Vendor
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,344 Times in 811 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zornt View Post
    I messed up my Mini Maglight. Sent them an email telling them what I did and asked for price for replacement parts. They sent parts at no charge and included very nice instructions on how to fix it. Great people..
    I had the same result when I contacted Kershaw about buying a replacement pocket clip for a folder. It had broken off after getting caught on the seatbelt in my truck as I was getting out (twice!). I told them how I broke it, but instead of giving me a price they asked for my address and sent me a replacement clip with screws, Loctite and instructions.

About 10 years ago I had an Alladdin thermos that would only keep my coffee hot for about an hour. I called and offered to send it in for replacement, but they told me not to bother and just sent me one. According to what they told me at that time, any Alladdin with a handle carries a lifetime warranty, although mine didn't say so on the product itself.

Looker
    God Bless America, and those who defend her.
    Anybody can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad.

BladeScrounger #14

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Looker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,147 Times in 954 Posts

I generally just use, or toss things that go belly-up ..
    But, in the last year I actually did the CS thing on 2 items.
    -- The first was a Steel Thermos bottle, that I inherited from my brother years ago - It finally got so beat-up and abused that it would no longer keep coffee even warm more than an hour. I contacted them, and they sent me a Brand New one (and didn't even want the old one back)
    --The second was a Silva 'Guide' compass, that I had for years, that had been "well used", and had developed a 'bubble'. I contacted them, and they said "send it in", which I did .. and they sent me a Brand New one.
    So - I guess My vote would be for Thermos, and Silva :-)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MtnManJoe For This Useful Post:

Thanks

For those of you who fly fish I'm going to have to say TFO! Awesome service, lifetime warranty, just need to pay shipping. Cheapest replacement so far. Ross was going to charge me 50. TFO 25. Hope that's related! Oh and I don't want to forget the Gerber knife I snapped off my multitool while plucking a fossil out of some frozen ground last winter . Replaced for free.
    Last edited by jkfisher84; 12-10-2011 at 01:51 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jkfisher84 For This Useful Post:

wolfy

Thumbs up

RCBS replaced the ram on my Rockchucker when I BENT it swaging some .348 Winchester brass into .43 Spanish brass that was not available at that time. My fault, but they said a 'lifetime guarantee' is what it is.

Victorinox put a new set of scales on my 'hiker' several years ago when I cracked one by running over it with the tractor

Scout
    Thanks

Hennessey Hammocks

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rusty Plowpoint For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,114 Times in 1,823 Posts

Two excellent companies I've had great dealings with are:

Pelican Products makers of waterproof cases & flashlights
    http://www.pelicanproducts.us/?gclid...FRBphwodcV6cUg

Cabela's
    http://www.cabelas.com

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahnkochee For This Useful Post:

Guide Bush Class Basic Certified 8thsinner's Avatar
    Thanks

I have had good dealings with leatherman, replacing broken bits with nothing more than speed and care.

I will upgrade to add or not shun knives, in the next month or so, I have had a large nick develop, and waiting for Christmas to end before I send it in. I know it's not really bush crafty, but some of their blades I would carry and use in the field kitchen and I know some others may and have done the same.

In the past I have had instant replacement of meindl boots where the grip wore down in like six months. It was a bad batch apparently.

Sea to summit, replaced an obviously misused solar shower for me with stitches ripping out..

If I remember any others I will add later.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to 8thsinner For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast