Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What Companies Stand Behind Their Products?

Guide Supporter
    Bush Class Basic Certified
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,760 Times in 651 Posts

Default What Companies Stand Behind Their Products?

Since I have been doing bushcraft I have had my share of product issues but some companies stood behind their products others have not. I don't want to badmouth any companies but I thought maybe a thread that summarizes good customer service experience people have had and with what company.

Something like this could be a great resource.

I searched and couldn't find another thread, so hopefully I am not repeating with something existing.

With that said we know many of the Vendors here are great and will stand behind their stuff as well as Bushcraft Outfitters so I think we can put them at the top of the list.

For me:
    1) Council Tool - I had an issue with a Jersey Classic axe and they replaced it and listend to my feedback about it.
    2) Fallkniven - I had a lumpy DC4 that I had to flatten when I first got it, over a year of use it got much worse. They replaced it and the new one seems to be made of different material and doesn't appear to have the same issues.
    3) Buck Knives- This was customer error, my father had a Buck 119 that after cleaning a deer he got the bright idea of soaking the blade overnight in clorox the stainless steel pitted like crazy. We were upfront with Buck and they did a 1 time favor and replaced it for him.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DCP For This Useful Post:

Supporter Supporter coloradowildman's Avatar
    Thanks

Council Tool
    Leatherman
    Victorinox
    Gerber
    Cold Steel
    Certified Axe Nut

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coloradowildman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I had a very good experience with MSR. The pump on my Dragonfly stove wasn't working right and they sent me a new one right away. They didn't even wait for the faulty one to arrive first.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CodenameWalrus For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I've had an excellent experience with Adventure Medical Kits. I carry one of their signal mirrors and the adhesive conjoining the mirror and backing began to fail and the two sides slipped to the point of bad misalignment. I emailed their customer service explaining the issue and they mailed me a new one no questions asked.

Edited to add:

Like the poster below me, I need to add Surefire as well. I had a clicky tail cap for my 6P that I used to carry on my rifle while in the service. The cap began to have issues operating effectively and their CS mailed me a replacement.

For those that use higher end civilian packs Osprey Packs also has a no questions asked repair warranty and excellent CS. I have owned six of their packs and currently have four, one of which needs repair due to a hole worn through by sand stone, though I need to still send it in.
    Last edited by Bobcat; 12-09-2011 at 11:55 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobcat For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Busse/Swamp Rat/ScrapYard Family of Knives- They will replace most anything of theirs that you break and send to them.
    Surefire- They sent me a new tail cap and paid the shipping when my flashlight quit working.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fhm615 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Coleman I had a battery powered lantern that had an intermitten problem.I emailed them,they said destroy the one you have and email us pics,and they sent me a new one.My son was thrilled he got to destroy the old one with a hammer lol.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to In-ScoutMaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,890 Times in 464 Posts

Bark River stands behind there knives 100%. Good knives, good company

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glen1100 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 275 Posts

I messed up my Mini Maglight. Sent them an email telling them what I did and asked for price for replacement parts. They sent parts at no charge and included very nice instructions on how to fix it. Great people..

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zornt For This Useful Post:

econnofoot

Jansport(yep they honor their pack guarantees), Leatherman, Boker, KABAR.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,337 Times in 404 Posts

I recently had an issue with Karamat(Mors Kochanski) where I ordered a few DVD's. When I got the package it was 8 discs intended for another customer. I notified the company and returned them and in return for my honesty they are also sending me his Bushcraft book.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to _Plainsman For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast