Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Woodsmoke Transportation

Thanks
    Thanked 3,045 Times in 490 Posts

thanks this is helpful. Oddly I'll have to fly out after dropping off a rental car to go to Europe after this shindig.

Tinder Gatherer
    Thanks

My 15 year old son and I are thinking pretty hard about this. We are 2 hours east of Cheyenne, WY, making it a 9-10 hour drive. We could meet up with anyone coming from Nebraska or Denver/Eastern Colorado. We could carry 1-2 or jump in with you. I figured almost $300 in gas, round trip if we do it alone... would be glad to try and cut that down.
    I guess this is still far cheaper than flying...?

Scout
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 168 Posts

If you are flying in and need some gear let me know because I have extra stuff like sleeping bags, tent and such.

Thech and those planning to drive, Rock Springs has the cheapest gas. If you take I 80 to Rock Springs and then the turn off to Jackson do not speed on the lonely 2 lane highway it is heavily patrolled because it is one of the main highways to Yellowstone and Teton National Parks.
    Last edited by Bad Hand; 03-12-2012 at 11:29 PM.

Tinder Gatherer
    Thanks

Thank you much, Bad Hand, for the gas and speed check info, and for the equipment offer - we're driving the whole way!

Scout
    Thanks

Default woodstock

I am going to secure me an spot tomorrow. I live in N. Idaho and nearby we have an international airport in Spokane Washington. If someone is flying in from this location you can taxi into nearby Coeur d Alene and hitch an ride with me. I've got extra tents or an tarp if you need one and cannot provide.

I will be leaving from Coeur d Alene Idaho across I-90 east to Butte Montana and then south on I-15 to Rexberg.

Tinder Gatherer
    Thanks

Hey folks!
    Booked my flight to Jackson Hole, arriving June 6th around 2 pm. Just wondering if anyone passing by has an extra place for one on their way to Tetonia. I'll gladly chip in for gas.

Low man on the totem pole Supporter MK-9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 664 Posts

Cutting it close here. Due to in part to financial hiccups. Some of my own accidental doing, others not. I've yet to book my damn flight. Hoping to get this squared away this coming Friday. Hoping to come in either Saturday or Sunday to Jackson Hole. Not sure how I'll get up to the site from there yet. Really looking forward to this, but I have to be honest, I'm nervous as hell about this trip. I've always had people I know picking me up. Just keep having this recurring thought of being stuck somewhere and not being able to get to the event. Still not even sure what / how to pack for this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MK-9 View Post
    Cutting it close here. Due to in part to financial hiccups. Some of my own accidental doing, others not. I've yet to book my damn flight. Hoping to get this squared away this coming Friday. Hoping to come in either Saturday or Sunday to Jackson Hole. Not sure how I'll get up to the site from there yet. Really looking forward to this, but I have to be honest, I'm nervous as hell about this trip. I've always had people I know picking me up. Just keep having this recurring thought of being stuck somewhere and not being able to get to the event. Still not even sure what / how to pack for this.
    It's only about 40 miles from Jackson to the Woodsmoke site. I think arrangments can be made to catch a ride. Contact David Wescott at backtracks905@gmail.com to see if any shuttles have been arranged.

Don't worry about getting stuck in Jackson Hole, I know something can be arranged to make sure you get to the event.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 405 Posts

WiskieTango and myself will be driving through Jackson on the way from Kansas. We could prob fit 1 extra in my '12 tacoma.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,045 Times in 490 Posts

Looking at flights to the place now. Might not be able to drive out like originally planned

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast