Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BOOTS OR SHOES

Thanks

I have been wearing Danner Pronghorns for three years, solid. Whether hiking, hunting, or just everyday, they never leave my feet and they are still going strong.

Thanks

Looks like I'll be waiting until June :-(. Nobody's buyin my chuck Norris total gym so I have no extra $$ to play with.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by northernbushman View Post
    Yes Zig. So what mid boot would you recomend for unstable, rocky terrain ? I do about 3miles on that type of terrain and then 2 miles on trail dirt every other day .
    Need comfort . 50 year old feet need comfort !
    I like my Garmont Zenith GTXs. They are very comfy and provide great support. I do a lot of Catskills hiking, especially on Devil's Path, so support is very important to me.

Though since everyone has different feet, I highly suggest getting to an EMS or REI or something. Try on every mid height boot to see which one's are comfy for you.

--
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so please forgive any typos.

Thanks

timberland / gore tex shoe

Thanks

If its a day hike and light weight pack vibram five fingers!

Thanks

I bought a pair of Teva hiking shoes about 6 months ago (my first from this company) and I am extremely impressed with them. I wear them not only as a hiker, but as a day to day shoe at work and they are showing very minimal wear on the bottom for the mileage they get. So far nothing has come unglued or unstitched with the exception of the TEVA logo on the tongue of the shoe, it is a patch-like logo that seems to have been applied only with adhesive. Other than that they are completely rock solid and every bit as comfortable as the New Balance I normally swear by.

Tracker
    Thanks

Trail runners or just barefoot I hiked 9 miles on the AT barefoot a few weeks ago . It does take a little training first.

Tracker
    Thanks

I wear pre-vibram surplus jungle boots or old black leather mil issue boots from 1974. Paid about $10 for each at the thrift store, both pairs are a bit older than me, and I have put years of use into each pair with little signs of wear. I also have vibram jungle boots that I wear out when I do not wear cowboy boots.

I just personally favor boots.

bearhunter2

I absolutely love my Addison military boots. They have vibram soles, gortex lining and are the most comfortable boot that I have ever worn.
    And... They are made in the USA!
    There kinda hard to come by though.

Thanks

I guess a lot of what I would base my decision on is how much weight I plan to carry and the terrain. I've been wearing Merrell's for years and really like them, but lately I've only been wearing them in the winter and have switched to a lighter shoe for most of the year. I think the lighter shoes are more comfortable and don't tire me out as fast as heavier boots. I got a pair of Lafuma's like this back in the spring on clearance for a real steal of like $30 dollars. They've held up great and are very comfortable. I'll certainly buy another pair when these wear out.
    http://www.endless.com/dp/B002U0K7B0...2U0K7B02152949
    Last edited by bradleybuckman; 09-01-2012 at 01:36 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast