View Poll Results: Which project would you like to do?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Repurpose 3 non-recyclable items

6 17.65%
  • Walking stick monopod

5 14.71%
  • Fish hook from gathered materials

20 58.82%
  • 5 examples of natural cordage

3 8.82%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Project - April 2012

Guide
    Thanks

Default Monthly Project - April 2012

Since getting the voting started early worked out well for last month, I figured we'd do that again for April.

As stated previously, the first two options are the second and third place ones from last month. The third and fourth ones are new.

Option 1. Repurpose 3 non-recyclable items from your trash. This one is tricky because so many of our usual go to items for DIY stuff are recyclable. This means no tin cans, glass bottles, etc. The one exception is that paper items are fair game.

Option 2. Build a walking stick monopod. You can use any materials you want. The only requirement is that it is capable of having a camera attached to it and that it will hold that camera upright without someone to hold it that way. I think this would be very useful especially after reading that thread about how to improve our YouTube videos.

Option 3. Make a fish hook out of natural gathered materials. You just need to show the hook, you do not need to actually catch a fish with it, but that'd be a cool plus!

Option 4. Submitted by buroak: Find 5 plants in you area that can be used for making cordage. Make a short length with each and show the process that you used.

Happy voting and happy crafting!
    Last edited by Zig; 03-29-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Guide
    Thanks

Just an April-has-officially-started bump. Voting ends on the 5th, so get yours in soon!

Dross

Hey Zig, recently started a new job and a few side projects so things have been hectic so far this year and I've been Persona non-bushcraft lately. Thanks for taking this section back up. I am so in this month!

Guide
    Thanks

Hey, Dross.

Glad to hear you're getting a chance to do some Bushcraft again. It stinks that work is taking up so much of your time, but it's good that you've got it!

Tracker
    Thanks

Just to clarify, since it looks like the fish hook will win, we're only allowed to use natural found materials, right? So no using a found tin can?

Guide
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TCC View Post
    Just to clarify, since it looks like the fish hook will win, we're only allowed to use natural found materials, right? So no using a found tin can?
    Yes. Only natural gathered materials are allowed. No tin cans, no jute twine, etc, etc. Only what you can find in your local woods courtesy of Mother Nature.

Tracker
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zig View Post
    Yes. Only natural gathered materials are allowed. No tin cans, no jute twine, etc, etc. Only what you can find in your local woods courtesy of Mother Nature.
    Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I'm looking forward to giving it a shot. This is my first monthly project. This seems pretty fun!

Scout Bush Class Basic Certified willy2154's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for putting these up I like the challange to try and make new stuff.

Guide
    Thanks

Alright folks, the fish hook is the winner. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Happy crafting!

Tracker
    Thanks

Another question, how many pics should I take of this? Should it be a shot for shot tutorial type deal, or just a few pics proving I made it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast