Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Guess I have officially joined the Mosin Nagant club

Thanks
    Thanked 1,717 Times in 631 Posts

I heard that AIM Surplus sells these crates for $10.00 each and Ammo boxes for 4.00 each. I don't know where they are physically located, but here is their website:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/

Thanks

Yeah, it would depend on shipping. I was at an army surplus here in Mesa AZ this weekend and they had missile cases for sale stating that they would make great rifle cases, but they wanted over $100 each!

Looks like they are in Middletown Ohio.
    Last edited by Falstaff; 04-16-2012 at 12:25 PM.

Tracker
    Thanks

Ok so i got to shoot Frankenmosin on Saturday and it was AWESOME!! I love it! The recoil with the rubber buttpad is less than my 12 gauge with bird load. It was a pleasure to shoot! i see now why these guns are so popular. i put the scope on it but it's still way off and i wasn't smart enough to bring some optics for someone else to spot for me. Oh well, i will get that worked out in time. This could turn into an addiction!! its a real smooth shooter. My phone sent my mosin pics from out of the box into the digital universe never to be seen again. so i will post pics when i get the stocks finished. only one coat of poly on it right now. I've got the fever you guys!!

Thanks

I'm hoping to shoot mine by the end of the week. I haven't been able to go out that much for the last month per the visiting MIL. She leaves tomorrow AM early.

Free at last, Free at last, Thank God Almighty, I'm free at last!!

Thanks

Some of those scopes, the reticule moves when you adjust it so it looks off center. I cannot remember if the M/N ones do for sure but I think they do.

The way I try to get a scope on paper is Pull the bolt out of the gun and put it in a rest or on sandbags where it is pretty steady and look down the barrel at a target at 25 yards till it is visible in the barrel centered in the tube.

Then without moving the rifle, adjust the scope to the reticule is on the same point as the centered target in the barrel.

It should be good enough to get you on paper out to 100 yards.

JMTC< YMMV

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Thaddius Bickerton For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You folks might want to check out J&G Sales up in Prescott, AZ for (coffee table) crates and 7.62x54r ammo.

They've had crates in several sizes stacked up for years and usually decent prices on bulk ammo.

Tracker
    Thanks

Picked up my crate and a few mosins at a local shop that also sells on the internet. They have some unique military items and are not that well known. Here is their address. Maybe they have some more crates. I paid $20 for mine and am very pleased. I love the coffee table. Thanks for the pics.

www.keepshooting.com

Thanks

I joined the club to, I just picked up a 1938 91/30, and love it!

Tracker
    Thanks

The Nagants are good rifles. The only reason I don't have one any more is because they are right handed, and are awkward for a southpaw. Savage left hand bolt actions have spoiled me.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Many Branches For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I bought my M44 about 5 years ago,the old lacquer finish start flaking off so I refinished it this past summer while I was on short time at work. While I had it down I did a few accuracy improvement and worked up some good cast bullet handloads for it. I think it turned out nice and shoot well.

First 5 shot group @50 yds. after a quick scope zero.

Pre S & K scope mount.
    Last edited by reloader7.62; 10-01-2012 at 05:45 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reloader7.62 For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast